Cebu Pacific cancels 116 domestic flights

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Cebu Pacific cancels 116 domestic flights for May 1-10

Local carrier Cebu Pacific (CEB) has announced the cancellation of 116 domestic flights scheduled for May 1-10.

In an advisory, CEB said the cancellation is due to the carrier’s need to reduce the number of flights given its current operating conditions, particularly in its Manila hub.

Reducing the flights would create space for operational recovery, minimize delays and give passengers the chance to make alternate travel plans, the advisory read.

“We are doing this because we have seen an unprecedented level of disruption to our operations, and our passengers are experiencing extended delays and some on-the-spot cancellations,” CEB said.

The cancelled flights are:

https://ptvnews.ph/cebu-pacific-cancels-116-domestic-flights-for-may-1-10/

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

“We are doing this because we have seen an unprecedented level of disruption to our operations, and our passengers are experiencing extended delays and some on-the-spot cancellations,” CEB said.

I interpret this as "We have no clue how to run an airline and schedule flights in an organized manner where ontime performance is achievable".

I hope they don't screw up my flight from Clark at the end of May!

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted

I too hope the international flights are not affected.  We are booked form Manila to Tokyo May 13

:89:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, intrepid said:

I too hope the international flights are not affected.  We are booked form Manila to Tokyo May 13

:89:

Shouldn't be

If you click on the link in the opening post  it shows you what is off the menu. :15:

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

It's more fun in The Philippines!!

So it begs the question, why would anyone ever book Cebu Pacific again when you can't be sure if your flight is going to be cancelled or not?  I'm fortunate in that I only ever travel to the major PI hubs and Dumaguete, so at least I have the PAL option (only marginally better with regards to reliability domestically).  I feel for those that rely on CP in more remote locations.  

• Like 1

RubberChicken
Posted
Posted

$59 to get in an expensive bird with a 19 yo Captain hopefully airborne and expect nothing but the best! They have carved every millimeter of cost savings for a totally low class experience.

And if a magic airline that was multiples nicer but cost $200 for the same flight entered the market, they’d go out of business. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, RubberChicken said:

with a 19 yo Captain hopefully airborne and expect nothing but the best! 

Good enough for war but not for Holidays EH?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Shouldn't be

If you click on the link in the opening post  it shows you what is off the menu. :15:

Thanks JFG, I did read the link.  My comment was just hoping they don't decide to further extend this to more dates and also international flights.  They do share the same runways and terminal.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I started thinking about insurance for our May 27th trip to Bohol.  First I checked CP.  Went into our booking, and it directs you to go to the CEB Travelsure website.  When I tried to put in Clark and a destination, it only offered Int'l destinations.  Hmmmm.  I'm sure we were offered insurance during the booking process for this domestic flight.  Curious, I tried to make a test booking for a future date to see if I would be offered insurance.  The website doesn't work.  ERROR [5010: InvalidSegment].

I don't see how an airline can survive once these types of things start happening.  We will not fly them again, unless they make a complete turnaround in the coming years.  Read their comments on FB!

I found that I can get Chubb travel insurance for p1500 that includes p50,000 trip cancellation insurance.  That would cover our flights and AirBNB, if it comes to that.  I will keep an eye on the Cebu Pacific antics as our date approaches, and make a decision on insurance later.  It is a bit like walking a tightrope, as you won't be able to get insurance after the flight is cancelled.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted (edited)

Last night my friend flew CP from Manila to Dumaguete and they used the same excuse as the 2 previous times he has done it. Technical problems with the plane. He lost his temper(uncharacteristically) and said why are you lying every time you say that and it is simply not true. He also said tell the truth as when you say tech difficulties it can frighten the passengers who do not like flying like his GF. He was apologised to and told delay. He also said he remembered that I told him that most people flying from Manila to Dumaguete or vice versa expect that delay as 9 out of 10 flights are.

Edited by sonjack2847
Speelling
  • Like 1