Easy Exercise ( walking)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Easy here for me + walking the Dogs, I find I can walk 600 meters a day and go nowhere :89: I hear? :huh: Ok, so I have a 20 meter Drive to my Terrace steps and with 2 bikes and the car in and out ( need 2 people to get out of the gates due to the Dogs being out) so with a walk of 40 meters to let someone out or see to those at the Gate it does not take long to realise that over the course of the day it soon mounts up and if anyone use the 4.000 steps a day routine for their exercise it will add considerably to the Step Count. :unsure:

Trivia at its best but as we get older we do need to think on  :smile:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

4000 steps isn't bad. Add a 20 minute brisk walk and you will be very well off. 10,000 steps was my activity five days a week. Felt much better and lost weight too.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Old55 said:

10,000 steps was my activity five days a week.

Too much for this Dodgy left leg and foot, ( the only real problem I have from My Stroke :sad: ) Walking the Dogs takes care of most things for me now but i just added the extras as it is broken up through the day  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Fact is I can't walk briskly 20 minutes any more after I damaged my knee. I do get 10K steps most days at work. 

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

I recall this quote of Joan Rivers....."The first time I see a jogger smiling, I'll consider it"

• Like 2
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Kuya John said:

."The first time I see a jogger smiling, I'll consider it"

They say that Jogging on concrete does more Damage to the Body that any other form of Exercise. Good I got Dirt Roads still. :wink:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Mike J said:

Instead of walking I do one situp each day.  I do the first half in the morning when I get up and the other half when I go to bed at night. :hystery:

Make sure you hydrate yourself sufficiently in between the workout. I hear that beer is good for that!:smile::tongue:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Most cellular phones have it already installed or you can download a pedometer app.   Keep the phone in a pants pocket.   The app counts every step taken including climbing stairs.  If you walk from the living room to the kitchen for another beer, that counts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I walk quite a bit. 10-15 km every day. I bought a fitbit ionic watch Jan of last year and it helps to remind me to meet my goals.

• Like 2