Easy Exercise ( walking)

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Make sure you hydrate yourself sufficiently in between the workout. I hear that beer is good for that!:smile::tongue:

What a great suggestion! Don’t forget the benefit lifting 12 oz weights! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, earthdome said:

I walk quite a bit. 10-15 km every day. I bought a fitbit ionic watch Jan of last year and it helps to remind me to meet my goals.

I have something like that, if we walk more than 300 yards my wife says it`s so far can we get a trike.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

earthdome
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I have something like that, if we walk more than 300 yards my wife says it`s so far can we get a trike.

On our 4th date my wife had me hike to the top of Mt Sta Thomas in Baguio with her.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, earthdome said:

On our 4th date my wife had me hike to the top of Mt Sta Thomas in Baguio with her.

When we lived in Cebu city, Sunday mornings we would play Badminton and then I would go for a swim. We used to walk to Abbelyana school which was about 1 km from our apartment. I used to like the walk as I saw as a warm-up. After a few weeks, my wife decided she didn`t want to go anymore. When we moved they were playing Badminton in Dalaguete High school and she said I would like to play badminton. My reply I told her that she had said she didn`t like badminton before, her reply well that was we had to walk so far. MMM nothing said to me at the time or we could have got a jeepney for 6 pesos each.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, sonjack2847 said:

her reply well that was we had to walk so far.

:whistling: My wife moans at my stomach which is not that bad, and suggested I walk further and do other exercises :89: We make Ice for a Little Sori Sori and although its is just a 5 min walk, I caught her Yesterday taking her and the helper on the motorcycle to carry the two bags  :whatever:

I will say No more but will remind her that her clothes are shrinking Midrange :shake_80_anim_gif: :shock_40_anim_gif::huh:

Kettle and Black Spring to mind :cryingwhilelaughing_anim:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

My wife moans at my stomach which is not that bad,

As the ole American show says "Danger Will Robinson!" Sounds like she is fishing for a complement on her weight, and you can never win with those.

Reminds me of the old joke. "honey do these pants make my butt looks big?" (husbands response) "No my dear, its all those chocolates you eat that make your butt look big":hystery:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, scott h said:

her weight, and you can never win with those.

When the issue comes up I always try and do it with "Love Humour' in the main it works. I tell her Babe you are not getting Fat you are getting More cuddly, then finish Of with But Honey Remember Who loves you.jpg that way I get a cuddle:smile:

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well as a newbie to all this exercise I think it’s great and Emma follows me around too.

I am keeping up my exercise routine each morning , weights, stretching and cross trainer for around 30 minutes then if we can we will walk a few miles most days, but I must add I have not started jogging / running yet .

The other day we desired to walk from our house down the river path for a few miles and what we saw near our doorstep amazed me, first I spied a Cormorant fishing on the river, then there was Egrets the usual Swans and Ducks then a Kingfisher  4 Buzzards and a Stork .

Since retiring and being able to walk on a weekday rather then a weekend has opened my eyes to what is around plus I hope it’s doing me well too.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I walk daily.  For a year I did 8-10 km a day... then I got tired, or bored, not sure which.  Now it is 3-5 km most days. Still better than nothing, but I am putting a little weight back on.  I need to get the kettlebell and dumbbells back out, but I lost my motivation.  I lost about 50 lbs (22 kilos) and my wife complained that I lost my "Pooh bear tummy".  Can't win for losing ha ha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Old55 said:

What a great suggestion! Don’t forget the benefit lifting 12 oz weights! 

If you want to get technical..12 oz. lifts!:tongue::smile: