So tired of my wife's relatives.

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted

Sorry i have to vent,I just can't take it anymore. I met my wife 33 years ago. Sence  then i have been taking care of her brothers and sister's and her mother. God I have never seen a group of people so back stabbing and heartless. In 1992 we let her sister come live with us becouse her husband did not want her. After one year they got back together and we let the stay with us for four more years so her husband could go to school. When my wife cought her husband taking her credit card she kicked them out of the house. My wife filled for her mother to come live with us in 1995. After she showed up we had her file for my wife's sister and brother. To this day we were never repaid for the what it cost us to get them to the usa plus we sent them to collage. 4 years ago we found out they sold a beach front lot that belong to us and now we are in court to get it back. The last straw is after 23 years her last brothers visa is ready. We retired last year to the Philippines and not one of the brouthers or sisters will let him stay with them. God my wife must have been adopted because she is night and day compared to her siblings. The little I have told you of what they have done is just the tip of the iceberg. Well I'm done for now, thx for leting me vent.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Sorry to read about your difficult family members taking advantage of you over the years.

I have no advice or suggestions.

Perhaps it’s helpful to know you are not alone others here share similar experiences.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Sorry to hear about this mate.  

Sounds a bit like my father's family.  12 brothers and sisters and it is messy most of the time and the rest it's just horrible.  Myself and my siblings opted out years ago. My father is great, just the rest leave a lot to be desired. 

• Love it 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

As the old saying says... you can choose your friends but not your family.

I’ve been very lucky, most of SWMBO’s family are good people.

• Love it 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Wow, just wow, how crappy some people can be.

• Love it 1

GuyF
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, GeoffH said:

As the old saying says... you can choose your friends but not your family.

so true.

keep your chin up gbmmbg

stevewool
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, gbmmbg said:

Sorry i have to vent,I just can't take it anymore. I met my wife 33 years ago. Sence  then i have been taking care of her brothers and sister's and her mother. God I have never seen a group of people so back stabbing and heartless. In 1992 we let her sister come live with us becouse her husband did not want her. After one year they got back together and we let the stay with us for four more years so her husband could go to school. When my wife cought her husband taking her credit card she kicked them out of the house. My wife filled for her mother to come live with us in 1995. After she showed up we had her file for my wife's sister and brother. To this day we were never repaid for the what it cost us to get them to the usa plus we sent them to collage. 4 years ago we found out they sold a beach front lot that belong to us and now we are in court to get it back. The last straw is after 23 years her last brothers visa is ready. We retired last year to the Philippines and not one of the brouthers or sisters will let him stay with them. God my wife must have been adopted because she is night and day compared to her siblings. The little I have told you of what they have done is just the tip of the iceberg. Well I'm done for now, thx for leting me vent.

I understand your pain, as long as you and your wife are fine sod the rest of them is all I can say.

• Love it 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Can I ask why did you let it get this way , it seems you and your wife has done lots for the family but there comes a time when you know that you are or have been used.

• Like 4

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, stevewool said:

Can I ask why did you let it get this way , it seems you and your wife has done lots for the family but there comes a time when you know that you are or have been used.

True, it's my fault. She warned me but it was hard for me to believe a family can be that messed up.

• Like 2