So tired of my wife's relatives.

Jack D
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jake said:

It's amazing how they could understand your jokes with a British accent.  I would need a program with voice algorithms to decipher your Welch, Irish, Scottish or London English.  

No matter which English speaking country (or which part of it) you're from, all you need to do is preface everything that you say with the word MORE to be best understood by the locals.

- more better 

- more nicer

- more hotter

- more yummy

- more older

- more younger

- more sexier

- more money ... hahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, graham59 said:

My comedy is visual... more Benny Hill... or Mr. Bean.    :laugh:

I love those guys and the Holy Grail movie.  Dang, I would love to see your show Graham. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Heeb said:

I imagine back in the Stone Age some cave dude showed up with a shiny rock and got laid by some cave hotties without having to drag them by the hair, next day every swinging caveman is out looking for shiny rocks and it all started right there, our whole monetary system based on getting a piece of cave @u$$y.

Love this!  I'm going to steal it!  :hystery:  That would be a great comedy sketch!  Remember the movie Caveman with Ringo Starr?  That movie is very funny!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

I read somewhere that "debt is the glue that holds Filipino society together." I wonder if a more accurate statement might be "lending is the glue that holds Filipino society together."

But her family is quite dysfunctional. When we built our Winter Palace in the PI we followed the three island rule- her family is on one island, we are on another and there is a third island in between. Life is good.

Good morning Guy,

That's a head shot bullseye.  Your Wyoming windage is right on the money.  All those Indian and Pakistani loan sharks are circling around among the poor people.  Which they themselves, become little sharks.  

Great idea about physical distance.  Also make your personal contacts more discreet.  Maybe even turn off your GPS....he, he.   

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Guy F. said:

I read somewhere that "debt is the glue that holds Filipino society together." I wonder if a more accurate statement might be "lending is the glue that holds Filipino society together."

I married a Filipina from a family with in which several members have very good jobs. Since her Papa died she sends allowances to 2 siblings who are unemployable and the occasional contribution for an unusual situation. So we are more fortunate than most financially. But her family is quite dysfunctional. When we built our Winter Palace in the PI we followed the three island rule- her family is on one island, we are on another and there is a third island in between. Life is good.

That's not the whole story. Her Mama gave us a screwing on a small real estate deal. We once sent a very good sewing machine to a cousin for a business venture and it promptly was pawned. After several years she began to see how dysfunctional her family is.

The first 20 years were the hardest.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I am sure many of us have story’s to tell about our partners family plus our own family too and I am sure we all go in  hoping to be excepted for who we are and not for what they can get from us , but we live and hopefully learn everyday .

My next face to face meeting with the family in the Philippines is around next February time and I am sure that’s going to be interesting .

• Like 3

Viking
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Guy F. said:

The first 20 years were the hardest.

I agree!

Before I could not say anything critical about my wifes family, or she would get mad at me and defend them. Now, she is the one critizing them, hahaha. It took a long time until she could see things in their true colours, but better late than never :thumbsup:

• Like 5