Can we really Save the Planet

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Tommy T. said:

Maybe... Maybe not....

There is scientific proof that the planet is getting warmer over the last 10,000 years. True that the earth has got warmer due to humans burning fossil fuels over the last few decades. But we can't stop the earth from getting warmer.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, jimeve said:

There will be other species of humans long before 100 million years, maybe more intelligent without religion/wars.

i would settle for just, "intelligent." Personally, I think humans might have a long way to go to get there? Yeah... me included...

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, jimeve said:

There is scientific proof that the planet is getting warmer over the last 10,000 years. True that the earth has got warmer due to humans burning fossil fuels over the last few decades. But we can't stop the earth from getting warmer.

Sorry, Jim... when I said, maybe, maybe not... it was not doubting your comment about the earth warming in a long term stage. It was referring to whether humans can reverse that or ameliorate it that I doubted... I agree with your thoughts.

My personal belief is that perhaps there is long range warming cyclical in nature, but humans seem to have contributed to it to make it accelerate. All that CO2 we have released from the ground (oil, coal, gas), and the CO2 we have released from burning forests which have absorbed the CO2 into their structures and also set it into the ground... I just see that these are not positive influences of humans upon this tiny planet... I cannot see these as being good here.

So my personal goal is to plant as many trees as I can afford to try to offset my footprint of carbon use. Maybe it will help, maybe I am whistling in the wind? So I just want to do my tiny part...regardless of what the UN or presidents or others may decide or do... 

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

So my personal goal is to plant as many trees as I can afford to try to offset my footprint of carbon use. Maybe it will help, maybe I am whistling in the wind? So I just want to do my tiny part...regardless of what the UN or presidents or others may decide or do... 

:AddEmoticons04230: To be applauded Tommy.

It has become so noticeable, well to me anyway, that society ( certainly Western Society ) has become what I consider to be the "Blaming Society"....... it's always someone else's fault, never mine.

Why cant we just admit we got it all wrong by using up all our planet's natural resources in a wasteful and despicable way!

Climate Change is unquestionable, you can argue what caused it or not, but the fact is it's here, the best we can hope for is to try and slow down it's progress!

Lord give my grand-children some hope for the future.....Amen

Edited by Kuya John
paragraphing
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Just watched WeatherWorld on BBC worth watching for anyone interested in this Topic.......BBC News - Weather World

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, jimeve said:

Actually we can't. Humans won't be on this planet long before the sun dies in about 5 billion years.

Y5B!!! Will you be ready?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

And to dust we will return.

Image result for you are stardust quote"

• Like 3
  • Hmm thinking 1

Marvin Boggs
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Guy F. said:

Y5B!!! Will you be ready?

:hystery:

Not sure anyone got the reference, but I'm cracking up!

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Marvin Boggs said:

I did... but it made me remember doing all that Y2K work... which wasn't much fun at the time :56da64a2558f6_3_8_141:

Jack D
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

I got it too. I have only 5 billion years to worry about it. :hystery:

3 hours ago, GeoffH said:

made me remember doing all that Y2K work... which wasn't much fun at the time :56da64a2558f6_3_8_141:

I loved my Y2K work, since it was easy money for me to work as a consultant,  testing already Y2K compliant PC’s and programs.

spacer.png

• Like 1