Can we really Save the Planet

Heeb
Posted
Posted

It’s unfortunate that it was a liberal politician that brought climate change to the attention of the general public even though a lot of us had already been reading about the problem long before the movie. 

Jack D
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Can't leave it until the last billion years though.

Yes, times a wasting!

We need to start building warp drives asap!

IMG-4980.jpg

There are so many exoplanets.

It may even be possible to find enough habitable exoplanets that every tribe on earth can have their very own planet.

planets.JPG

Of course, we'll need some type of Federation to keep the peace. :laugh:

Before long, this could be our new reality:

IMG-4982.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I did... but it made me remember doing all that Y2K work... which wasn't much fun at the time :56da64a2558f6_3_8_141:

I was writing computer applications for a trucking company.  Hundreds of our customers demanded that we supply them letters certifying that our code was Y2K compliant.   The letters were easy, just printed off a boilerplate response.  The time wasters were a few that hired consultants who would then call and want to start asking questions about hardware and operating systems.   The people that made a buttload of money on the scare were consultants and the people who sold generators. :tongue:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

It's Official.......the last decade ending 2019 was the hottest recorded since records have been kept.

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Viking
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

It's Official.......the last decade ending 2019 was the hottest recorded since records have been kept.

Screenshot_2020-01-15 Even as an air pollution expert, these months of bushfire smoke have been a shock Nancy Cushing for t[...].png

How far back do the records go, 1850 or what?

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Viking said:

How far back do the records go, 1850 or what?

According to below 1850

Climate scientists say 2010s was the hottest decade ever recorded.png

Edited by Kuya John

Viking
Posted
Posted

Thanks, I do Think that we have an impact on our climate but I am not sure how big it is. To be honest I think it is hard to draw any conclusions from the last 170 years. Temperatures has changed alot more during the history of Earth. Beside that, I am very pessimistic that the world will unite and fix this (if it can be fixed?). Sorry, but that is how I feel.

• Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted

So 2015 and 2016 were hotter so was 2019 global cooling.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 1/1/2020 at 6:36 AM, Mike J said:

I was writing computer applications for a trucking company.  Hundreds of our customers demanded that we supply them letters certifying that our code was Y2K compliant.   The letters were easy, just printed off a boilerplate response.  The time wasters were a few that hired consultants who would then call and want to start asking questions about hardware and operating systems.   The people that made a buttload of money on the scare were consultants and the people who sold generators. :tongue:

The thing I never got was that computers had already proved they could handle Y2K as governments and insurance companies to name just 2 sectors, had already been using the date for decades with no issues! 

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Viking said:

Thanks, I do Think that we have an impact on our climate but I am not sure how big it is. To be honest I think it is hard to draw any conclusions from the last 170 years. Temperatures has changed alot more during the history of Earth. Beside that, I am very pessimistic that the world will unite and fix this (if it can be fixed?). Sorry, but that is how I feel.

Way to late to try and fix it. It's already past the point. If there are people that still deny it, they are blind in one eye, and can't see out of the other. Winter is coming later and summer is coming sooner. Permafrost is not permanent anymore. Ocean creatures are washing up on beaches dying or dead with plastic in their guts. High tides are getting higher. The tipping point happened long ago. I won't experience the consequences, but your children and mine will.:sad:

• Like 2