Can we really Save the Planet

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, GeoffH said:

Typhoons would increase in number and be more severe

Already happening. I read that the one in Tacloban was the most powerful on record. But hey. All of the carbine dioxide that we put into the air has nothing to do with it..It may be like some people say, a natural process. But if you don't think that us humans are accelerating it. Something might be wrong with your reasoning.:shock_40_anim_gif:

• Sad 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

Sometime around 560AD ,the earth's skys darkened and there was not enough sunlight for the photosynthesis to happen and plants grow , this did not cause an ice age ,the problem lasted about 3 years 

We know this due to a relatively new area of science,  mainly measuring the rings on trees and we can calculate their growth or lack of 

The best theory is that the original krakatoa blew up and caused a world wide famine

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

There always has to be a smart ass in the crowd.

Besides you.  :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Gary, Indiana

Please stand by while we take a break from your regular programming....

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Already happening. I read that the one in Tacloban was the most powerful on record. But hey. All of the carbine dioxide that we put into the air has nothing to do with it..It may be like some people say, a natural process. But if you don't think that us humans are accelerating it. Something might be wrong with your reasoning.:shock_40_anim_gif:

8 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

Science latched on to C02 in the '70s because it was one of the only things NASA could measure.  Now it is the global bogeyman, yet they still cannot accurately model it or even confirm the theory of 'greenhouse gases'.  Sorry.  Some of you spout these things as if it is a foregone conclusion, which tells me you are not really looking into it very deeply. 

It must be a knee jerk human response to see changes happening, and think 'my God it must be something we did.'  Sure, logic tells us there must be a human component.  But if you think humans are competing with the magnetosphere and the sun as driving forces of nature, there might be something wrong with YOUR reasoning. 

To quote @stevewool  in his topic "There is no need to talk to me like that"; 

"It’s called love ."

Maybe you two should get a room. :hystery::tongue::hystery:

• Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Please stand by while we take a break from your regular programming....

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=aIyMN_1579204337  More stupidity:571b119686cf7_1(72):

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Marvin Boggs said:

But if you think humans are competing with the magnetosphere and the sun as driving forces of nature, there might be something wrong with YOUR reasoning. 

It's not my reasoning, it's NASA, CSIRO, IPCC, NOAA, the American Assoication for the Advancement of Science, the Federation of Australian Scientific and Technological Societies, the United States National Research Council, the Royal Society of New Zealand and many many other organizations think the the cause is established and/or man made CO2 emmisions are the most likely cause.

I honestly don't understand how people can believe that so many organizations consisting of so many brilliant people could be wrong.

I know I can't.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 3
  • Love it 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I honestly don't understand how people can believe that so many organizations consisting of so many brilliant people could be wrong.

I know I can't.

Y2K has already been mentioned.  Throughout history there have been so many occasions when "everyone" thought one way until someone came along to show them another way.

I honestly don't understand how people can still believe that those on the current bandwagon are infallible.  I wish more people would use their own brains instead of relying on what someone else said and thought.  But that's just me.  I'm just trying to show you the other side.  All these brilliant people could be right, or an asteroid could make us extinct next year.  In my opinion, all we can do is live our own lives without thinking we are all brilliant enough to save the planet.  I mean take a look at the leadership of the world.  Do you really think there is anyone there who is willing and able to save the planet???

• Like 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I mean take a look at the leadership of the world.  Do you really think there is anyone there who is willing and able to save the planet???

This is sad, but true!