• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Perhaps you might have posted this in the "Sarcasm" thread?:smile:

To right mate...……..

2 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

A small step at a time over a long time may be enough to make a difference?

Me personally I am a be fan of nuclear. Put one outside every major urban area I say. Just not on an earth quake fault or built by Russian engineers and I am happy

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, scott h said:

Me personally I am a be fan of nuclear. Put one outside every major urban area I say. Just not on an earth quake fault or built by Russian engineers and I am happy

I understand but am not quite thinking the same way. Mainly, they are so expensive to build now due to the widely reported failures over the years. Also keep them away from the ocean.

I read a report a couple days ago that the largest coal burning plant in North Dakota was going to shut down relatively soon because the power company that owns it stated they can buy wind generated power cheaper than they can produce in the coal-fired plant...

Just another thought...:89:

jimeve
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

Also keep them away from the ocean.

Nuclear power plants need water, they need to be near a river, lake or the sea.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Nuclear power plants need water, they need to be near a river, lake or the sea.

True and a lot of the most stable 'old' land isn't near good water... it tends to be desert or dry land.

Water and rivers tend to be near mountains which are created by things like seismic action and volcanoes.

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I hear you Scott... Perhaps you might have posted this in the "Sarcasm" thread?

Now that's funny.......:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I read a report a couple days ago that the largest coal burning plant in North Dakota was going to shut down relatively soon because the power company that owns it stated they can buy wind generated power cheaper

-wildlife-conservation-eat.jpg

• Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, jimeve said:

or the sea

I was thinking of tsunamis such as in Japan a few years back?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

-wildlife-conservation-eat.jpg

"A bullet had found him and his blood ran as he cried,

No money could save him so he laid down and he died...

Ooooh, what a Lucky Man he was..."

Emerson Lake and Palmer - Lucky Man

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

All I am suggesting is that some more efforts might be made to not make as much of a mess as we humans have bee making since the advent of the Industrial Revolution. Perhaps it should be renamed the Pollution Revolution.

There could be, maybe, a sort-of happy medium between 1,000 hp cars and all electric vehicles? A small step at a time over a long time may be enough to make a difference?

Or we can just agree to disagree?

I kind find it funny that many want changes and love to talk about it but do nothing themselves. They drive the big car down to the supermarket twice in one day which doesn't help. Forget when buying things like appliances that they were built in a factory which uses lots of electricity not to mention the smoke belching out the ship thats transporting them from China to where ever but we all need or want these things so what is the compromise? Perhaps go back to open fires for cooking but then we need to cut trees for firewood and then the smoke from it defeats the purpose as well.

How many in the world that want or suggest that everyone should have electric cars drive a 4x4 diesel downtown to save the planet rally? :smile:

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
On 5/14/2020 at 11:15 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

I kind find it funny that many want changes and love to talk about it but do nothing themselves.

How many in the world that want or suggest that everyone should have electric cars drive a 4x4 diesel downtown to save the planet rally? :smile:

Here's one guy who doesn't......

Bamboo car.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1