80 year old Greek national nabbed for human trafficking

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Whether his intentions were honest or not I would hate to be in that predicament at that age. :Policeman:

Greek national nabbed for human trafficking

FOR allegedly trafficking a 15-year-old, an 80-year-old Greek man and a 60-year-old woman from Dumaguete City are now facing charges before the Cebu City Prosecutor's Office.

In an interview on Friday, May 3, Cebu South Bus Terminal operations manager Jonathan Tumulak said the Greek national and his Filipina cohort were arrested at the terminal at around 9 p.m. last Tuesday, April 30. 

The 60-year-old arrived at the terminal aboard a bus hailing from Dumaguete with the 15-year-old.

When they alighted the bus, the close circuit television (CCTV) camera caught the Greek national handing out money to the elderly woman which raised suspicion.

The Philippine National Police and Civil Security Unit personnel immediately approached the two and it was later found that the woman and the minor were not related.

The man alleged that he was just waiting for them to arrive as he had promised to shoulder the girl's school expenses in exchange for working as his house help.

The girl is now with Department of Social Welfare and Development. (RTF)

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1803947/Cebu/Local-News/Greek-national-nabbed-for-human-trafficking

graham59
Posted
Posted

Stupid man. 

He's had 80 years to learn how to use some common sense... never mind the laws of this country. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, graham59 said:

Stupid man. 

He's had 80 years to learn how to use some common sense... never mind the laws of this country. :rolleyes:

It is stupid but I find many foreigners are really so naive of the laws here which might throw  80 years of common sense out the window.

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Never mind the laws, common moral is what is missing here. Who in their right mind would get a fifteen year old to do his housework, innocent or not, he's in deep S===. :smile:

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

“Civil Security Unit” is what exactly?

The “story” his giving cash to the elderly Filipina being suspicious makes little sense to me. Clearly he was being closely watched. Likely more to this story.

I completely agree with Tom and Clermont. The man is foolish and maybe is a pedophile.. 

I guess all Expatriates should expect to be under surveillance in public places.  

Edited by Old55
  • Like 2

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

I guess all Expatriates should expect to be under surveillance in public places

I absolutely agree with this statement and live by it.  We are guests where we are at and should expect this scrutiny as we 'stick out' from the general populace, especially here in SEA.

• Like 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Old55 said:

The “story” his giving cash to the elderly Filipina being suspicious makes little sense to me. Clearly he was being closely watched. Likely more to this story.

I thought this, too. Isn't Dumaguete filled with foreigners? Then again, on any given day, someone may notice something and do something about it.

And I like that the 60-year old Filipina is "elderly" but the 80-year old foreigner is not. :89:

Edited by JDDavao
added to it
  • Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JDDavao said:

Then again, on any given day, someone may notice something and do something about it.

Apparently they had been Watching him, so Maybe this is not just a one off incident he has been involved in ( Smoke and fire comes to mind here) :wink:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

RubberChicken
Posted
Posted

I don’t think foreigners are  criminally watched. Occasional scams sure. Small minded parochial, xenophobic locals yes. You have to get on some type of retard radar to be focused on so strongly. All I’m  saying is a generic married foreigner going to the grocery store, cashing his pension check and out with his wife is likely no target. imo

• Thanks 1