Early retirement?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

"OK, analyze me!"

Simple. A validation, you've done exactly the right thing retiring and living a good life in Philippines.:tiphat:

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, earthdome said:

Maybe those numbers were a foretelling of the winning lottery numbers. Did you play them?

No, it was just a messy stack papers where I saw a few of the numbers.  I never had a very clean desk!  

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 5/5/2019 at 11:25 AM, sonjack2847 said:

What are you basing that figure on as since I have been here(2011) apart from a few spikes the rate has been pretty stable. 

When I came here (beginning 2015) the rate was something like 70+ php to 1 GBP and it dropped to 60 php to 1 GBP around  mid-end of 2017 - that's more than 16%.   It's been around  65'ish  for a while now so still a drop of 8 %. compared to the 70 i started at.  It also reached 73 php to the gbp towards the end of 2018. - the current figure is a 12% drop compared to the 73 just a few months back.  A fair bit of movement during the 4 years I've been here.  

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

For anyone that is interested I got 69. 07 from PNB This morning on my small pension that was late coming in. Web sites are quoting around 67 to 68+ :tiphat: it is not all bad and I have a Gut feeling it will rise and stabilize :thumbsup:

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

For anyone that is interested I got 69. 07 from PNB This morning on my small pension that was late coming in. Web sites are quoting around 67 to 68+ :tiphat: it is not all bad and I have a Gut feeling it will rise and stabilize :thumbsup:

That's good news - let's hope the tide has turned and Brexit doesn't put  a spanner in the works again.  

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, hk blues said:

That's good news - let's hope the tide has turned and Brexit doesn't put  a spanner in the works again.  

:thumbsup: We with  the rest of the world can only sit, wait and Hope  :smile:

Edited by Jack Peterson
spelling WOT else

stevewool
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Brexit ? What’s that.

• Haha 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, stevewool said:

Brexit ? What’s that.

Brexit  ~  Noun

The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed.

• Like 3
  • Love it 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

This is about retirement so can we cut the crap about Brexit.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

This is about retirement so can we cut the crap about Brexit.

For me, Brexit has a very significant impact on retirement as it directly impacts my savings and my income on savings due to interest rates and exchange rates.  I'm sure this is not only true for me amongst the Brit members of this forum. 

• Like 1