Rentals SBMA

Heeb
Posted
Posted

Any members here that live in Subic have any idea on the cost and availability of renting a house there long term, like 1 or 2 years? There's a few sites that list mostly short term daily rates, I'm not interested in purchasing a 50 year lease at this time. We are moving to the P.I the this fall and will spend a few months looking around, Subic is on our shortlist because I was stationed there and we are familiar with the area, I know it's changed a lot but that's okay.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Heeb said:

Any members here that live in Subic have any idea on the cost and availability of renting a house there long term, like 1 or 2 years? There's a few sites that list mostly short term daily rates, I'm not interested in purchasing a 50 year lease at this time. We are moving to the P.I the this fall and will spend a few months looking around, Subic is on our shortlist because I was stationed there and we are familiar with the area, I know it's changed a lot but that's okay.

There are quite a few rented out like that.  Timing is everything!

Here in East Kalayaan, the neighbors down the block just moved out of a rental and their friends moved right in at p35k per month.  It is an OK place.  I think decent places that don't need a lot of renovation are going for 30-50 k, negotiable, and require a 1 year lease.

Yes, not much to see on the internet.  Most of the ads there are old.  Boots on the ground is best.  I have seen a few "for rent" signs out recently.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 2

Heeb
Posted
Posted

Thanks, that's what I thought, we will just have to drive around and ask, maybe find something short term. I wish I had purchased a 50 year lease when they were cheap. We lived in a spider home when we were stationed there, they were duplex's at the time, I didn't think it was anything special, I can't believe how much they want for them now.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Heeb said:

Thanks, that's what I thought, we will just have to drive around and ask, maybe find something short term. I wish I had purchased a 50 year lease when they were cheap. We lived in a spider home when we were stationed there, they were duplex's at the time, I didn't think it was anything special, I can't believe how much they want for them now.

When renovated, the spider houses can be really nice, especially when the duplex is redesigned into one unit.  My friend from California came to visit with her wealthy Filipino friends.  They live in Burlingame California and I have been to their really nice house there.  So on this visit, I found out they come from a super wealthy old money family in Manila.  And they own a spider house on Alpha St in Binictican.  Wow!  It is a beautiful open floor design with top notch everything.  Based on what I see being asked for crummy houses here, that place must be worth 30 mil pesos or more.

• Sad 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

When renovated, the spider houses can be really nice, especially when the duplex is redesigned into one unit.  My friend from California came to visit with her wealthy Filipino friends.  They live in Burlingame California and I have been to their really nice house there.  So on this visit, I found out they come from a super wealthy old money family in Manila.  And they own a spider house on Alpha St in Binictican.  Wow!  It is a beautiful open floor design with top notch everything.  Based on what I see being asked for crummy houses here, that place must be worth 30 mil pesos or more.

I can believe that, I just watched a YouTube video of some Aussie dude driving around showing some houses in the freeport, total makeovers and a lot of expensive cars in the driveways, I have to say I feel a little jealous.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Heeb said:

I can believe that, I just watched a YouTube video of some Aussie dude driving around showing some houses in the freeport, total makeovers and a lot of expensive cars in the driveways, I have to say I feel a little jealous.

Yeah, that guy is a neighbor here in Kalayaan.  He likes to talk and he is an expert on everything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

He likes to talk and he is an expert on everything.

Maybe he can sort out the Internet mess then? :whistling:

• Haha 2

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Maybe he can sort out the Internet mess then? :whistling:

He is probably causing it by clogging up the pipes...:whistling:

• Haha 2

Heeb
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Yeah, that guy is a neighbor here in Kalayaan.  He likes to talk and he is an expert on everything.

He seems like he has an angle.

• Like 1

Billoncho
Posted
Posted
On 5/5/2019 at 12:17 AM, Heeb said:

Nice to see someone else from Spokane will be moving to the PI. Never stationed at Subic, but lost count of liberty calls there after about 25. We'll be moving to Tuguegarao City in a little over a year.

• Like 3