need studio apt near ayala mall-

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted (edited)

$1500 is about what Amazing Philippines on YouTube says his budget is, but he says that doesn't include everything, especially any costs involving his lady friend(s).  I agree, will be pretty tight.  I am doing $1000/mo IN THE PROVINCE.  My studio rent, not in a condo high rise but furnished and nice, runs 15k/mo and includes cable, wifi, washing water and basic electricity.  Aircon is additional but I don't use as I am 5 blocks from the sea and get a good breeze.  My setup costs have been around $3k US; microwave, induction heater, a couple of tables, linen, water jug deposit, scooter, etc.  Haven't really started local traveling yet but soon.:shades:

Close to Ayala in Cebu City will be quite a bit more expensive than what I am paying.  But I know the draw of Ayala, I REALLY liked that mall when I was in Cebu!:cheersty:

Edited by Hobbit112
  • Thanks 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

Me and the Mrs only spend about $1500 a month with aircon on 24/7, 23k going on rent, eating out/take aways 4-5 times per week and 3-4 night holidays every couple of months. No idea what some of you are spending your cash on lol.
25-30k seems steep for a studio in Cebu, that's pretty much BGC prices. 

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

Me and the Mrs only spend about $1500 a month with aircon on 24/7, 23k going on rent, eating out/take aways 4-5 times per week and 3-4 night holidays every couple of months. No idea what some of you are spending your cash on lol.

Near Ayala Mall you are going to see BGC prices, it is highly desirable and for a nice studio 25-30k is realistic.  Cebu also has some of the highest electricity costs in the Philippines and depending on which direction your apartment faces and you run aircon 24/7 you could see a bill of up to 9k or more.  If he is eating at the Ayala restaurants his food costs are also going to be high. 

Tom Walker
Posted
Posted

Thanks to everyone for their input. I told my friend he would be a lot better off with US$2000 a month. He is ok with that, he just needs to stay in the US several months longer to pay some debts. This forum is excellent, again thanks everyone.  

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 5/5/2019 at 5:28 PM, Eddie1 said:

Tom,  Do you know if this is this going to be as big as the old Ayala Mall?

IMG_20190506_113414.jpg

• Thanks 2

Kiwi-Alan
Posted
Posted
The old Ayala has a area of  240,000 sq meters according to its web site.

The new Ayala at IT park will have 45,000 sq meters of leasable space according to press release 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 5/6/2019 at 6:43 AM, fillipino_wannabe said:

I pay 20k, units in new Riala are going for around 25 so near Ayala I would think that is about what you pay depending on how well its fitted out and furnished. 

• Like 2