Vitamins, minerals and health supplements.

jimeve
Posted
Posted

I take 4 bottles of Pilsan and a good measure of rum n coke. 

• Like 1

Rayj
Posted
Posted

“One a day” brand daily vitamin. It does not contain nickel like other multivitamins. Nickel allergy is a possible cause of eczema. Plus a D vitamin 3 or 4 times per week. I was persuaded to take an herbal supplement to help peeing once. It came as a fibrous material in a capsule. On landing in the Philippines I got a case of the runs that lasted for weeks. It wasn’t the Philippines that caused the runs, it was the herbal supplement. Years later I got lulled into an herbal supplement again with same results so I steer clear of any supplements in capsule form now.  I was recommended to take a Turmeric supplement for eczema but when I found it, again in a capsule. I need to learn good recipes with Turmeric.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

You can buy Multi Vitamin tabs at most Generic Pharmacies for peso's and I am reliably informed they work well @sonjack2847 who has 1st hand knowledge of this Statement :thumbsup:

Howard
Posted
Posted

I use the Mega men vitamins from GNC. They are a little on the expensive side but I've been taking them for over 10 years now and it's nice that I can get them here.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rayj said:

I was recommended to take a Turmeric supplement for eczema but when I found it, again in a capsule. I need to learn good recipes with Turmeric.

Sprinkle turmeric powder on food.  Most curry dishes have lots of turmeric.  Another possibility is turmeric tea.

Edited by JJReyes
  • Love it 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

You can buy Multi Vitamin tabs at most Generic Pharmacies for peso's and I am reliably informed they work well @sonjack2847 who has 1st hand knowledge of this Statement :thumbsup:

I buy them at Generika for 2.5 pesos each, I don`t take them very often maybe only when I have a busy day and don`t get my 5 a day. They are packed with iron.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

One thing to consider putting on your diet is breakfast cereal as they have vitamins and minerals sometimes added sometimes natural.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Viking
Posted
Posted

I am not a big fan of vitamin supplements. I believe that you get all you need if you eat a balanced diet. In a place like Philippines it should not be too hard considering the amount of fruits and vegetables available. There is times when there can be a reason to take some supplements but I Think its important to have your needs analyzed Before starting to eat all kind of different pills.  Some supplements give several hundred % of your daily need and its not a good thing. Its in fact possible to overdose some vitamins and minerals. Supplements have become a big business and the Companys do all they can to convince us that we need to take it. I dont Believe them :tongue:.

The other supplements that help when you have pain in your joints makes more sense to me.

• Thanks 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

I'm surprised to see people taking Vitamin D supplements here. My D was low in Seattle where the sun don't shine but here? 

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 5/7/2019 at 9:27 PM, Howard said:

They are a little on the expensive side

GNC has a small kiosk under an escalator here at our Harbor Point mall and I don't know how they stay in business.  I never see a customer and the employees are just on their phones.  I delivered to GNC stores from 78 to 83, and even back then their prices were way higher than other health food stores.

• Like 1