Pain Relief

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I have arthritis which causes me varying amounts of pain different days, sometimes I hardly notice it and other days I struggle to walk or straighten up properly.

I use Diclofenic Sodium (generally sold branded as Voltaren) on my hands and my neck but it doesn't really do anything for the big joints down deep below the skin.  I get hip pain at night (I've always been a side sleeper and I just can't sleep on my back), if it gets too bad then a pain tablet taken before bed is enough most times to let me sleep. 

And my doctor tells me not to use non-steroidal anti-inflamatories  (like iboprofen which I used before) because it interacts with my blood pressure medication.

I can only sleep on my sides. Been like that since I can remember. Haven't needed pain medication yet but I can tell it's coming. Thanx for the input.:unsure:

• Thanks 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I have arthritis which causes me varying amounts of pain different days, sometimes I hardly notice it and other days I struggle to walk or straighten up properly.

Sounds exactly what I go through. Some mornings I have to limp into the kitchen to get my coffee, and other days just walk in normally. Sharp pain in the right hip. I bought a really nice cane the last time I was at Wilcon but haven't needed it yet. The pain seems to get less though the more I walk around. Thanx again.:cheers: 

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 5/7/2019 at 4:58 PM, DavidK said:

I can get Arcoxia (120mg tablets) over the counter which I use whenever I get a gout attack. 

Gout, try raw tumeric juice with a drop of virgin coconut oil and black pepper, whiskey glass full each day.

RBM
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

Sounds exactly what I go through. Some mornings I have to limp into the kitchen to get my coffee, and other days just walk in normally. Sharp pain in the right hip. I bought a really nice cane the last time I was at Wilcon but haven't needed it yet. The pain seems to get less though the more I walk around. Thanx again.:cheers: 

I had similar problems but not so bad. Stopped eating  P nuts and  started drinking a glass of lettuce juice each evening which is the best sleeping tablet one can ever have. Within a week 90% of hip pain gone and sleep vastly improved. Worked same for my brother and best no side effects from nasty chemicals. Oh Yeh back to tennis also.

• Hmm thinking 1

DavidK
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

Gout, try raw tumeric juice with a drop of virgin coconut oil and black pepper, whiskey glass full each day.

There seem to be numerous "folk remedies" for gout, each more appetising than the last :smile:. Fortunately, as a strong supporter of drugs, they work for me.

• Like 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted

I have lower back pain and hip pain, when the hip pain switches from my right side to the left I need a cane to get around, fortunately that only happens a couple times a year. Turmeric with 95% curcuman seems to help.

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
On 5/7/2019 at 3:49 AM, GeoffH said:

I use Diclofenic Sodium (generally sold branded as Voltaren) on my hands and my neck but it doesn't really do anything for the big joints down deep below the skin.  I get hip pain at night (I've always been a side sleeper and I just can't sleep on my back), if it gets too bad then a pain tablet taken before bed is enough most times to let me sleep. 

And my doctor tells me not to use non-steroidal anti-inflamatories  (like iboprofen which I used before) because it interacts with my blood pressure medication.

Just want to be sure you know that the Voltaren gel must be left to dry before you cover it with clothing or anything else.

• Like 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
On 5/7/2019 at 4:51 PM, Arizona Kid said:

Was just wondering what you guys need the pain meds for if you don't mind my asking. I've got pains during the day but not enough to prevent me from sleeping yet. Mostly hip and joint pain. :wave:

Knee pain in both legs which without meds prevents me walking for more that 100 meters.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Knee pain in both legs which without meds prevents me walking for more that 100 meters.

Do you take something for it?

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Panadol Austeo gives me some relief, take Alpurinol as a relief for the gout side of it and the doctor advised me to take some Indocid anti inflammatory but I only take that when it really hurts because of the side affects.