Pain Relief

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
On 5/9/2019 at 8:02 PM, Guy F. said:

Just want to be sure you know that the Voltaren gel must be left to dry before you cover it with clothing or anything else.

Is Voltaren gel available in the Philippines?

Guy F.
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Is Voltaren gel available in the Philippines?

Yes but it's expensive. I was buying 4 tubes with 25g each for P1,380. It's usually in stock at mall pharmacies, less frequently at pharmacies  on the street.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Panadol Austeo gives me some relief, take Alpurinol as a relief for the gout side of it and the doctor advised me to take some Indocid anti inflammatory but I only take that when it really hurts because of the side affects.

Do you take that for day use or just for getting to sleep? I'm asking because I'm slowly getting more joint pain also.:mellow:

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
On 5/15/2019 at 4:31 PM, Arizona Kid said:

Do you take that for day use or just for getting to sleep? I'm asking because I'm slowly getting more joint pain also.:mellow:

Apologies for late reply as I have been travelling in the Philippines where wifi is hit and miss, mostly miss.

Anyway I take the meds on a daily basis and so far haven't needed anything to sleep with, my next step is to off the booze for a week and see if that calms things down, inflammation wise.

Lou49
Posted
Posted

I have some arthritis in my knees, hips, and shoulders.. Also took a face plant on a slippery driveway a few months ago and hurt both rotator cuffs. Still painful after two months.Tried some medical marijuana, legal in Canada. It helped with the pain but felt a bit stoned hehehe. Anyone know if medical marijuana is legal in the PI ?

graham59
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Lou49 said:

I have some arthritis in my knees, hips, and shoulders.. Also took a face plant on a slippery driveway a few months ago and hurt both rotator cuffs. Still painful after two months.Tried some medical marijuana, legal in Canada. It helped with the pain but felt a bit stoned hehehe. Anyone know if medical marijuana is legal in the PI ?

No, it is not legal in the Phils, and you will soon be put behind bars. 

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Apologies for late reply as I have been travelling in the Philippines where wifi is hit and miss, mostly miss.

Anyway I take the meds on a daily basis and so far haven't needed anything to sleep with, my next step is to off the booze for a week and see if that calms things down, inflammation wise.

I like my booze also. When I was young, dumb, and full of cum I would mix the painkillers and booze together for a good old time. Might not be a good idea at my age!:sad:

• Haha 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted

If I have a headache I take a couple of paracetamol and keep away from children as it says on the back of the packet.

• Haha 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 5/18/2019 at 8:08 PM, Lou49 said:

CBD might have the same effect as the medical cannabis with out the high. Legal now in most US states. But illegal in the Philippines according to this article:

https://supplementsinreview.com/blog/is-cbd-legal-in-my-country-global-guide-to-cbd-legality/

KurtVD
Posted
Posted

Long-time chronic pain sufferer here, let me add some pieces of advice here:

1. Tramadol is very effective, but it can be addictive, so you have to know what you’re doing. Withdrawal cold-turkey style is not something you wanna experience. It’s only suitable for chronic pain treatment if you’re very aware of the risks and can handle them. Otherwise only minor side effects like constipation (only ‘mechanical’, can easily be decongested with the bum gun hehe...)

2. Ibuprofen is used a lot for back and joint pain, but it’s very “aggressive” to your stomach , stomach bleedings occur frequently (watch for dark-black stool, other sign is a ‘growling’ stomach). If you wanna take it regularly, ask your doctor (or pharmacist) for something that protects your stomach, you’ll be taking this (second) pill whenever you take an Ibuprofen - it’s worth it, believe me. 

• Thanks 1