Jack Peterson

WOW a Little good news for a change on a Pension!

The Postal Service here has a lot to be desired but some news,  a tad late, has put a smile on my face :smile: Seems that the Powers that be in the UK have informed Pension providers they must now adhere to Directives from the Chancellor of the Exchequer that withholding the correct % increase to Private pensions has to cease. So, I had this letter this Morning that tells me from March 31st 2019 Yearly Increases will be at the Rate of 3% Minimum to a   Maximum of 5%  subject to the Inflation index. This was always the case but if the Index was low they would go below the 3% minimum. Pleased to say that on this Particular issue it seems that our Pension providers ( well mine in this case) has now been honest and told the members that they will adhere to the Government Direction. I can only Hope that all  members that have a private Pension actually have an Administration that will be Honest and all follow this rule and stop the providers of taking that  % they feel they could. Oh! it may be only 1/2% here and there But it is our hard earned cash payed in we are getting back in a Pension and not a benefit to be Played with  :thumbsup:

• Like 5

Good news Jack!!

My Aussie military pension is indexed against the CPI, sadly with no minimum.  We're working on it though :) Funnily enough, once I reach 55 it will be indexed the same as the aged pension, which is a higher rate.  By that reasoning, apparently as you age, your day to day costs will go up.  

:89:

• Like 1

I only receive UK State Pension, and haven't yet seen the inflation/index-linked increase to my pittance from last month yet.... but every extra crumb is gratefully received.  :smile:

Laptop hobo.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I get 3 pensions 2 private at fixed amounts one paid monthly and one paid annually both being paid since i was aged 55yrs and i have recieved well over what i paid in ! The UK Government pension increase  should be paid this month on or around the 24th providing its not been stopped as i may need to return the proof of life forms which i have not recieved !

Bearing in mind any post from the UK can take 2 months or more to be delivered !

6 minutes ago, expatuk2014 said:

I get 3 pensions 2 private at fixed amounts one paid monthly and one paid annually both being paid since i was aged 55yrs and i have recieved well over what i paid in ! The UK Government pension increase  should be paid this month on or around the 24th providing its not been stopped as i may need to return the proof of life forms which i have not recieved !

Bearing in mind any post from the UK can take 2 months or more to be delivered !

Yes, the mail here can be erratic.  I've seen mail arrive anything between 7 days (hard to believe I know) and 6 weeks. The main issue with my area is the postman waits until he has a few items before he delivers.  

22 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Yes, the mail here can be erratic.  I've seen mail arrive anything between 7 days (hard to believe I know) and 6 weeks. The main issue with my area is the postman waits until he has a few items before he delivers.  

You should consider yourself lucky. Here in Cavite I no longer receive ANY mail from the Phills postal non-service. It was good about 5 years ago but now nothing. I now get my mail only through the FPO mail service in Angeles City via the RAO. :angry_80_anim_gif:  

• Like 1

Not changing the subject to much, but I have another meeting with the financial adviser today about one of my private pensions.

It amazes me when I know what I want but he always knows what’s best for me, but I think he knows what’s best for himself first, but we shall get there one way or another.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Not changing the subject to much, but I have another meeting with the financial adviser today about one of my private pensions.

It amazes me when I know what I want but he always knows what’s best for me, but I think he knows what’s best for himself first, but we shall get there one way or another.

It's what he will call a win-win Steve! 

• Love it 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, stevewool said:

Well that went great, he did not show , a email was sent as he did not have my phone number with him, his car had broken down, can he make it Thursday instead.

• Hmm thinking 1

1 hour ago, stevewool said:

Well that went great, he did not show , a email was sent as he did not have my phone number with him, his car had broken down, can he make it Thursday instead.

How old is his car :mocking:

My financial adviser is on a 24/7 basis, no problem there.....thanks sweetheart :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2