WOW a Little good news for a change on a Pension!

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Good news Jack!!

My Aussie military pension is indexed against the CPI, sadly with no minimum.  We're working on it though :) Funnily enough, once I reach 55 it will be indexed the same as the aged pension, which is a higher rate.  By that reasoning, apparently as you age, your day to day costs will go up.  

:89:

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

I only receive UK State Pension, and haven't yet seen the inflation/index-linked increase to my pittance from last month yet.... but every extra crumb is gratefully received.  :smile:

Laptop hobo.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

I get 3 pensions 2 private at fixed amounts one paid monthly and one paid annually both being paid since i was aged 55yrs and i have recieved well over what i paid in ! The UK Government pension increase  should be paid this month on or around the 24th providing its not been stopped as i may need to return the proof of life forms which i have not recieved !

Bearing in mind any post from the UK can take 2 months or more to be delivered !

hk blues
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, expatuk2014 said:

I get 3 pensions 2 private at fixed amounts one paid monthly and one paid annually both being paid since i was aged 55yrs and i have recieved well over what i paid in ! The UK Government pension increase  should be paid this month on or around the 24th providing its not been stopped as i may need to return the proof of life forms which i have not recieved !

Bearing in mind any post from the UK can take 2 months or more to be delivered !

Yes, the mail here can be erratic.  I've seen mail arrive anything between 7 days (hard to believe I know) and 6 weeks. The main issue with my area is the postman waits until he has a few items before he delivers.  

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Yes, the mail here can be erratic.  I've seen mail arrive anything between 7 days (hard to believe I know) and 6 weeks. The main issue with my area is the postman waits until he has a few items before he delivers.  

You should consider yourself lucky. Here in Cavite I no longer receive ANY mail from the Phills postal non-service. It was good about 5 years ago but now nothing. I now get my mail only through the FPO mail service in Angeles City via the RAO. :angry_80_anim_gif:  

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Not changing the subject to much, but I have another meeting with the financial adviser today about one of my private pensions.

It amazes me when I know what I want but he always knows what’s best for me, but I think he knows what’s best for himself first, but we shall get there one way or another.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, stevewool said:

Not changing the subject to much, but I have another meeting with the financial adviser today about one of my private pensions.

It amazes me when I know what I want but he always knows what’s best for me, but I think he knows what’s best for himself first, but we shall get there one way or another.

It's what he will call a win-win Steve! 

• Love it 1
  • Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, stevewool said:

Well that went great, he did not show , a email was sent as he did not have my phone number with him, his car had broken down, can he make it Thursday instead.

• Hmm thinking 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

Well that went great, he did not show , a email was sent as he did not have my phone number with him, his car had broken down, can he make it Thursday instead.

How old is his car :mocking:

My financial adviser is on a 24/7 basis, no problem there.....thanks sweetheart :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2