Oh Boy! another of those endless Family "Birthday" parties that never start on time with Cold Food Agggh!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:571c66d400c8c_1(103): My wife has now got it into her head I do Not enjoy them, The Times, the Food and the usual family Tsismis and  backbiting Gossip. :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Not a Rant but I am almost sure I am not the Only one to say No and mean it. Whilst I like her Family in the main I just don't enjoy them so again ,I will not be going. 6 this month already and at the same venue Lola's where they all live ( 5 Houses on the Lot) I asked HTMBO Why can't they just have a once Yearly MAY Huge party and call it a day? :89: as yet no answer:89: But then, am I silly enough to have made such a Positive Point that I may get the  IGNORED.jpg  :whatever:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Why can't they just have a once Yearly MAY Huge party and call it a day?

Well you know the answer to that.  They love their parties.  It would not occur to them that you may not like something they all love.  Been there, done that.  Just say NO and mean it.  Yes it is considered rude, but it will make you a happy man (or a single one as it did me :hystery::morning1: )

• Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Dave Hounddriver said:

Just say NO and mean it.  Yes it is considered rude,

:hystery: I have and will continue to do as I wish and they can please themselves to think about how rude I can be But then, Start and the Funding of certain things will just go out of the window, :wink: The bread can be served unbuttered for me  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 1

RubberChicken
Posted
Posted

Put a mosquito screen on a window- optional. Celebrating every birthday party without fail and expecting OPM to do it- a must!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, JDDavao said:

I sometimes feel that my wife doesn't understand what an awful bore it is for me to sit there doing nothing for hours. *sigh*

I get the feeling that I'm a bit different to most expats, I enjoy most parties.

If there is beer then I sit with the guys and drink some beer, if there is video-k then I take my turn at singing.  Maybe it helps that I studied piano and did some voice training when I was younger, my daughter sings too and we've got a kareoke machine at home in Australia.

It might just be 'a few beers and I will belt out bad singing though LOL'

• Like 3

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Good for you Geff your one  off the lucky ones with a voice, me I've a voice on me like an old cracked pee pot, couldn't hold a tune no matter how much grog I drunk and when you want your guests to go home, dominate the mike on the karaoke machine, works for me. :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted (edited)

Attending family gatherings require advance strategic planning.  Plan to arrive last and this may require sending the wife and family ahead with a promise to follow.  Upon arrival, walk around and greet everyone without enthusiasm. Next, seat with one or two persons you like and start drinking beer. If no one you like is around, seat quietly by yourself at some corner. If no beer is being served, bring a small cooler with a six-pack. DON'T SHARE! Don't move except to use the toilet. Let a family member bring you a plate of food or just asked to be served one dish like lechon or noodles. Leave early, ahead of wife and family, after drinking or eating. Repeat several times. The wife will make excuses why you couldn't come. (No one said you have to be the life of the party at family gatherings.)

Edited by JJReyes
  • Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Attending family gatherings require advance strategic planning.

Laugh icon.jpg Yeah something like 25 mins cos that is all we ever get at times :whistling:

• Haha 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Attending family gatherings require advance strategic planning.  Plan to arrive last and this may require sending the wife and family ahead with a promise to follow.  Upon arrival, walk around and greet everyone without enthusiasm. Next, seat with one or two persons you like and start drinking beer. If no one you like is around, seat quietly by yourself at some corner. If no beer is being served, bring a small cooler with a six-pack. DON'T SHARE! Don't move except to use the toilet. Let a family member bring you a plate of food or just asked to be served one dish like lechon or noodles. Leave early, ahead of wife and family, after drinking or eating. Repeat several times. The wife will make excuses why you couldn't come. (No one said you have to be the life of the party at family gatherings.)

And i thought it was only me who did that back in my married days. Single now and not a party in sight thank goodness !