Never wrong , very really apologetic

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Right Ems I will pack the car, check all around the car and sort out what I can with this person , could you do this one thing , put the directions into the sat nav, here is the address is that ok.

Now she has done this many anime as it’s easy for her to do as I have to find my glasses then tap with one finger .

All done did you put the area code in, yes I did , just double check on the end destination, and yes she had done it, off we go.

Are you sure you entered the right code because I am sure we are going the wrong way, I just sensed it , no I did , look I even have it on my iPhone and yes they both was saying the same directions, a few miles later, this is wrong we should not be going through all these little towns we should be on motorways .

Yes I know I should have done this one small job , but ain’t we supposed to share things, yes we was going the right way but avoiding motorways and it was the longest route too, 1 hour 38 minutes extra driving , well I had to say something and I do try not to swear , but I was angry about the car hire business , but what made it worst is that Emma kept saying she was right she never made the mistake and blamed me for not doing it, I did not think that many swear words could come out all at once , and still she would not say sorry or anything to try to calm the situation.

That was the longest nearly 6 hours of driving round mountain road , snow and rain and not knowing where I was other then the sat nav telling me to go here and turn there.

Sounds silly now but I was within the one inch of saying sod it ‘ but a little stronger ‘, and turning the car around and going home , how I had no idea but I was angry.

TimL
Posted
Posted

Sounds like your vacation is off to a great start Steve. :laugh:  Hang in there!

• Haha 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, stevewool said:

turning the car around and going home

:whistling: Steve at the end of the day this sort of thing is what makes memories and could even turn out one of the Best vacations you have or will have:58:

• Love it 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Women should not drive, or be asked to read maps. 

In some ways I curse the day I bought a satnav, as previously , though I travelled the country every day for my work, for decades, my BRAIN had retained a massive amount of information about routes, directions, street names , etc,  in dozens of towns and cities... with regular 'updates', which could be called upon almost unconsciously, with only the occasional need to consult a map (of which I had a comprehensive collection).

Post satnav acquisition, I found that this natural memory bank became slowly depleted, through lack of use.  I didn't see that as a positive. 

Conclusion:  Satnavs are for tourists , foreign drivers,  and perhaps... emergency services. 

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, graham59 said:

In some ways I curse the day I bought a satnav, as previously , though I travelled the country every day for my work, for decades, my BRAIN had retained a massive amount of information about routes, directions, street names , etc,  in dozens of towns and cities... with regular 'updates', which could be called upon almost unconsciously, with only the occasional need to consult a map (of which I had a comprehensive collection).

Post satnav acquisition, I found that this natural memory bank became slowly depleted, through lack of use.  I didn't see that as a positive. 

Conclusion:  Satnavs are for tourists , foreign drivers,  and perhaps... emergency services. 

Just turn it off then?

graham59
Posted
Posted

Yes indeed, the choice is yours... or were you just trying to be a clever dick ? :rolleyes:

• Love it 1
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Yes indeed, the choice is yours... or were you just trying to be a clever dick ? :rolleyes:

Me?

Nope, genuine question.

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, graham59 said:

You are right Graham on nearly everything you have said, but as a tourist in a country I have never been and driving many miles it was something I needed, like you I used to use a map before sat nav was ever invented and sometimes it was nice getting lost , but not when you are pissed off and it’s dark and snowing and you are on mountain roads with no road lights, but I still got a idea where north south east is.

But it’s another day and see as I have vented my anger to paper I can see the funny side now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, graham59 said:

Satnavs are for tourists , foreign drivers, 

:whistling: Then My Friend on this occasion he qualifies for both :wink: 

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, stevewool said:

I can see the funny side now.

Thats good, because your little rant was giving me a chuckle.  It reads like something "Mrs Bucket" would be saying about her husband.

• Love it 1