Little Miss Universe 2019 from Moalboal

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, JJReyes said:

A pre-teen beauty pageant and the winner is 13 years old.  Somehow the numbers don't add up.

Beauty pageants and talent shows in most Western countries are local events.  They no longer generate broad media coverage unless the winner was already pregnant during the contest or confesses to a lesbian affair.  In countries like the Philippines, it is a national pastime bordering on obsession.  The only thing interesting about this story was how they pose the winner -- in a bed wearing inappropriate clothes for her age with one sleeve down.

I would call it sexual exploitation of a minor, 

• Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

RubberChicken
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, sonjack2847 said:

I would call it sexual exploitation of a minor, 

A sexual hint or suggestion is harmless because no actual physical harm is involved at that instant: Filipino 101, imo.

• Sad 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted

In the US, there was a very popular "reality" show called "Toddlers and Tiaras". So this is me, over here, shutting up.

allyson.jpg

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

The worst part might be that the winners will think that they are "special". When in reality it's just a bunch of make up that their Moms put on them. I think that the Moms are teaching them to be sluts!:shock_40_anim_gif:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

I think that the Moms are teaching them to be sluts!:shock_40_anim_gif:

That my Friend would be the worst that could happen, I certainly hope not but in that vein, it may well turn out that they could and I emphasise Could turn into painted Young Gold Diggers Again, I certainly hope that is not the case but it does make you think EH?

JMHO here

• Hmm thinking 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

That my Friend would be the worst that could happen, I certainly hope not but in that vein, it may well turn out that they could and I emphasise Could turn into painted Young Gold Diggers Again, I certainly hope that is not the case but it does make you think EH?

JMHO here

Jack. Can't think of many reasons why a mother would do that to their child unless they're living vicariously through them. It's a shame. But of course opinions are like a-holes as the saying goes.:sad:

• Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Was just thinking..I know it's dangerous :laugh: It seems to be all young girls that are put on display for all to see. No young boys that they are trying to make look older. Discrimination!!!:angry:

• Haha 1

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Jack. Can't think of many reasons why a mother would do that to their child unless they're living vicariously through them.

Which reminds me (pardon as I switch this train track) of our something-or-other relative here who had a beautiful 18-year old daughter. The daughter had landed a 60+ US gentleman as a chat mate. Gifts and woo followed.

The mother wound up ruining everything by posing as the daughter on the phone and, I guess, in chat. That's pretty vicarious. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Was just thinking..I know it's dangerous :laugh: It seems to be all young girls that are put on display for all to see. No young boys that they are trying to make look older. Discrimination!!!:angry:

Actually, now that you bring this up....

Yesterday I Googled this Little Miss contest and found that they have Little Mister too.

https://www.facebook.com/littlemissuniversal/