Little Miss Universe 2019 from Moalboal

graham59
Posted
Posted

More of the 'me me me' culture... and people with far too much time  and money on their hands ?

- Like these idiots who dress their dogs up, treat them like babies,  and parade them around ?  Truly pathetic. FFS .. get a life. 

• Like 1

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Actually, now that you bring this up....

Yesterday I Googled this Little Miss contest and found that they have Little Mister too.

https://www.facebook.com/littlemissuniversal/

Did you also notice that the age range is 4-17 for Little Miss Universe?

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Was there not a tv series about these little girls in America travelling all over to these beauty pageants, and yes I did watch a few and there parents was so pushing there children into posing this way and that way and the make up ,hair up and those costumes , I thought the whole lot was about the parents dreams not the children.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, stevewool said:

Was there not a tv series about these little girls in America travelling all over to these beauty pageants, and yes I did watch a few and there parents was so pushing there children into posing this way and that way and the make up ,hair up and those costumes , I thought the whole lot was about the parents dreams not the children.

Not sure if it was the same program Steve but I saw something like that and came to the same conclusion as you. To a certain extent, I think kids should be allowed to be kids and play with their friends.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Not sure if it was the same program Steve but I saw something like that and came to the same conclusion as you. To a certain extent, I think kids should be allowed to be kids and play with their friends.

I agree. That should apply to all activities. It should be based on what the child's interest is and how much they want to participate. Not on the parents.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, earthdome said:

I agree. That should apply to all activities. It should be based on what the child's interest is and how much they want to participate. Not on the parents.

Well, I would say that depends on the activity.  It is one think to give your young kid a little kick in the butt to try something new like a sport or drama class, etc.  It is quite a different thing to force your young kid to try out for a beauty pageant.  That is obviously about the parent, not the kid. 

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Well, I would say that depends on the activity.  It is one think to give your young kid a little kick in the butt to try something new like a sport or drama class, etc.  It is quite a different thing to force your young kid to try out for a beauty pageant.  That is obviously about the parent, not the kid. 

I concur.

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:
18 hours ago, stevewool said:

Same thing when attending an organized children's baseball, basketball, volleyball or soccer game.  I never watch the game.  My concentration is observing the parents shouting and screaming at their kids.  Gone are the days when the kids would walk to the park and just play with whomever was present.  They agreed to the rules as the game progressed.

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, JJReyes said:

Same thing when attending an organized children's baseball, basketball, volleyball or soccer game.  I never watch the game.  My concentration is observing the parents shouting and screaming at their kids.  Gone are the days when the kids would walk to the park and just play with whomever was present.  They agreed to the rules as the game progressed.

Growing up I was interested in sports. Baseball, basketball, etc. I played on summer leagues and school teams. Not once did my parents attend a game. My participation was driven solely by my interest in playing those sports. I don't recall there was any problem back then with parents.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, earthdome said:

Growing up I was interested in sports. Baseball, basketball, etc. I played on summer leagues and school teams. Not once did my parents attend a game. My participation was driven solely by my interest in playing those sports. I don't recall there was any problem back then with parents.

Yes, but that was way back when those sports were first invented.  Your parents probably didn't know anything about them.  :hystery:

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Haha 2