DSWD and fatherless children

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, graham59 said:

My first wife brought her two children (both 'father unknown' on their birth certs) aged 7 and 9 years to the UK on dependants' visas, and with their own Filipino passports.  No DWSD involvement, from what I can recall, though that was some years ago.  The rules could have changed. 

The rules are whatever the person behind the counter that you are at decide what they are for that particular day. Sad but true.:SugarwareZ-037:

• Like 1

Knightrider
Posted
Posted

Dave, I have run into this before. We had the client go back and apply again, hopefully she will get a different person at the counter. We had them print the requirements from the DFA website, especially this part;

- In case applicant is an illegitimate child in custody of the Mother

• Personal Appearance of minor applicant and mother or authorized adult companion
  • PSA Birth Certificate
  • Passport or Valid Government issued ID of mother or authorized Adult Companion (click here for the List of Acceptable IDs for Passport Application)
  • If applicant is not accompanied by mother during the application process, applicant must submit a Special Power of Attorney executed by the mother designating the minor’s companion to assist in the application process. The Special Power of Attorney must be authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate if executed abroad
  • if the applicant is not traveling with Mother, applicant must submit DSWD clearance and Affidavit of Support and Consent executed by the mother. The Affidavit of Support and Consent must be authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate if executed abroad.

We had them highlight the last paragraph, and explain the child will be travelling with the Mother. Problem was solved.

Larry

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1