How much food can you get on one plate

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I don’t fancy any of that I said to Ems when she was cooking mixed vegetables and rice with some eggs, it’s not for you it’s for me as I know you would not eat it, all that pan full is for you to eat now I ask, well with her eyes rolling she said well you don’t want it do you.

what about saving some for later and we can share it with something else I said but new I was on a losing battle here, so I got my cereal and walked out backwards from the kitchen.

Now I do know lots of Filipinos love there food and over the years when holidaying in the Philippines what ever the cook they eat and it is never less on there plates but much more the better, I’ve have always eaton  what is on my plate and maybe that is why I only put on what I can eat , but it’s the same with Ems she puts on what she can eat and it all goes in , god knows where , then she complains that her short shorts are a little tight, and she still insist she is a size 10.

Thats where I do try to keep my big gob shut until I have written down my reply and read it over and over again to make it sound right, I may to write no comment it’s easier .

Whats the saying ,you can take the girl out of the Philippines but you can’t take the Philippines out of the girl.

• Haha 3

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted

My Filipina wife works in an American bakery and she has never seen so many different types of breads and cakes before (whilst living in the Philippines).  Now, she feels compelled to eat almost everything in the bakery, since they give her all of the left-overs at closing time.  Meanwhile, she is insisting that her size is not getting any larger because of all of her hard work. :hystery:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

It takes a long time t get them used to the fact that this is not your last meal and we have money for more food. It`s the same when going shopping it has taken me years to get my wife to buy for food a month even now her instincts cut in and she only buys for a few days until I say I aint going shopping again for a can of sardines(example) so get what you need. Don`t forget there years of going without that they remember. Oh and @ Steve Wool if her shorts are shrinking obviously you are using the wrong washing powder get it sorted.:hystery:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

My wife and I, via our ministry, help host several small Christmas parties for youth each year.  Last year I was sitting next to a little girl about three years old.  Her plate was just about to overflow with food, easily twice the amount of food on my own plate.  I was smiling to myself at the time and anxious to see how much of that food would go home in plastic bags.  I watched in absolute amazement as she ate every bite, then devoured a desert, and ask if she could have another juice box.  Sometimes I wonder if the folks here are hollow, especially the kids. :hystery:

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Mike J said:

Sometimes I wonder if the folks here are hollow

Back in my college days, I used to spend many hours eating at the ‘All U Can’ Buffets and the owners thought that I must be hollow inside too.  On one occasion, a restaurant owner yanked the “All you can eat sign for $1.00” sign out of the window and said “NO MORE!”

RBM
Posted
Posted

I remember once at a buffet somewhere and people were making like sandcastles on their plates. It was a one serving only, amazing what can go  on a plate.