TV American style

Chazrob0914
Posted
Posted

I'm in the Philippines and trying to access my US based video services such as Amazon Prime.   I'm using Nord VPN and a US based server.  But Amazon and the others block VPN's.  

Any ideas??

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Chazrob0914 said:

Any ideas??

I've had reasonable luck with Express VPN, some of the USA end points work with Amazon Prime and others work with Netflix to give the full libraries not the reduced foreign library.  If it stops working then just try another endpoint, in my experience there's always  been at least one, generally a few that work.

Downside?  Express VPN is more expensive than Nord (unless you can get a promo) and almost always more expensive than PIA.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I use Pure VPN and it stopped wodking with Amazon Prime.  I contacted them and they gave me some unpublished servers, and they work.  Try asking Nord.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

I gave up on the VPN's I just download what I want from Pirate Bay and watch the shows whenever I feel like it. Globe or PLDT don't seem to care.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

I love chicago Pd and i download it from emule or torrdroid on my tablet which is a lot faster!

Im subscribed to Netflix also which at 460 pesos a month is a bargain !

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

A former member, who has since passed on, used to say great things about

https://www.slingbox.com/

I have not tried it but you may want to look into it.

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I use Private Internet Access (PIA).  It is $35 a year.  I do not use Amazon Prime, so I don't know it if works with them.  I use it for Netflix all the time.  It does not work with Hulu.  Pirate Bay and YouTube are my usual methods.

TimL
Posted
Posted

PIA, IPVanish, ExpressVPN and OpenVPN all stopped working for me with Amazon Prime. They seem to sniff out every vpn. That was really the only reason that I kept my Prime membership active when I came here last year. Free second day shipping obviously does me no good here. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, TimL said:

PIA, IPVanish, ExpressVPN and OpenVPN all stopped working for me with Amazon Prime. They seem to sniff out every vpn. That was really the only reason that I kept my Prime membership active when I came here last year. Free second day shipping obviously does me no good here. :laugh:

I cancelled my Amazon Prime membership about a year ago and they refunded the money back to my credit card. PLDT and GLOBE  don't seem to care what you are downloading or throttle it. I get all of the US tv shows that I want to watch, maybe a day late or so but who cares? Not me. Pirate Bay and EZTV.io have everything that I want, including movies. 

Sometimes the stuff I download won't play on my TV from my USB. Not support or some message like that. I use Format Factory to convert to MP4 and you can even increase the volume or add srt's. 

If you download Format Factory, get it from Pirate Bay. If you download it from a website you will get a bunch of unwanted bullshit that you will have to delete later.

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Tukaram (Tim) said:

I use Private Internet Access (PIA).  It is $35 a year.  I do not use Amazon Prime, so I don't know it if works with them.  I use it for Netflix all the time.  It does not work with Hulu.  Pirate Bay and YouTube are my usual methods.

Why do you use PIA? Sounds like a waste of 35 bucks.