Cebu internet issues

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I dont know if its just my area but the damn thing keeps going off and on over the past 2 days. Started to look like it was OK but then started again. Just typing this while up. Anyone else in Cebu have problems. Others are telling me the same issues so its not just me.

RubberChicken
Posted
Posted

It’s not just you. Globe, in particular, reported to be having server issues for at least a week. Plus we have had to call for service to the point where the technicians came right out and told us the lines are very old and have not been replaced between the server issues and poor lines. It’s not about false expectations on our part the service is unreliable on a daily basis. It’s basically all lip service and sending technicians that have no impact.

We just got the Globe cancellation fee to break the contract (only in the third world do you have to pay a fee to cancel defective service). We are in the process of cancelling.

PLDT, no prize either, but we have FIBR now that we are dumping Globe. Much more stable.

In the U.S my area has 30 choices for internet providers. Needless to say here you are basically screwed. On a positive note it has improved every year. 

roddavis
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I dont know if its just my area but the damn thing keeps going off and on over the past 2 days. Started to look like it was OK but then started again. Just typing this while up. Anyone else in Cebu have problems. Others are telling me the same issues so its not just me.

No problems on the other side of Cebu Toledo area. Who is your provider? We are on PLDT. Knock on wood, no outages for the last 2 months so far on Fibre!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, roddavis said:

No problems on the other side of Cebu Toledo area. Who is your provider? We are on PLDT. Knock on wood, no outages for the last 2 months so far on Fibre!

Sky but another guy I know is PLDT and same problem.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Problems also in Moalboal with Globe at Home.  Just stops working, seems to pick back up if I unplug and reset the modem.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Sky is having a problem here in Dumaguete also.

JaimeB
Posted
Posted

So far we don't see any problem of globe fibre in Cebu City.

TimL
Posted
Posted

PLDT has been pretty stable for me.  I’ve seen no outages or slow downs recently. <knock on wood> 

Sky, is another matter entirely. They seem to be going to hell lately. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

My Sky came good about 5 pm yesterday and is no problem at the moment.

gabgab
Posted
Posted

Same problems here in IT park, Sky was disconnecting often in the past few days and is still experiencing slow connections (although the latter is pretty common). Strange to hear there's a similar problem with other providers.

On a side note water pressure also low these days due to all kind of repairs and floods as reported on the MCWD facebook page.

Hopefully they got on top of things soon :)