Another law to be ignored?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

If obeyed, this is another measure that will help improve traffic flow, at least here in Manila. IMHO UV express vans are more dangerous than Jeepneys. They have the power, maneuverability and acceleration of normal passenger vehicles and have the ability to swoop across lanes to pick up passengers. But I doubt it will be enforced. 

https://www.philstar.com/nation/2019/05/25/1920635/ltfrb-uv-express-vehicles-limited-p2p

MANILA, Philippines — The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) is restricting the services of UV Express units to a strictly point-to-point transport basis.

Under Memorandum Circular 2019-025, the LTFRB cancelled the two-kilometer radius from UV Express units’ end points in which they are allowed to pick up and drop off passengers.

The circular, signed by all three LTFRB members on May 15, took effect the next day.

With the new memorandum, UV Express units can only load and unload commuters at the end points or terminals specified under their franchise. 

The Board said that it observed that UV Express drivers do not use the designated terminals and load and unload passengers between their end points.

Read more at https://www.philstar.com/nation/2019/05/25/1920635/ltfrb-uv-express-vehicles-limited-p2p#QBayC41Y8vUSWvZs.99
  • Like 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, scott h said:

If obeyed, this is another measure that will help improve traffic flow, at least here in Manila. IMHO UV express vans are more dangerous than Jeepneys. They have the power, maneuverability and acceleration of normal passenger vehicles and have the ability to swoop across lanes to pick up passengers. But I doubt it will be enforced. 

https://www.philstar.com/nation/2019/05/25/1920635/ltfrb-uv-express-vehicles-limited-p2p

MANILA, Philippines — The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) is restricting the services of UV Express units to a strictly point-to-point transport basis.

Under Memorandum Circular 2019-025, the LTFRB cancelled the two-kilometer radius from UV Express units’ end points in which they are allowed to pick up and drop off passengers.

The circular, signed by all three LTFRB members on May 15, took effect the next day.

With the new memorandum, UV Express units can only load and unload commuters at the end points or terminals specified under their franchise. 

The Board said that it observed that UV Express drivers do not use the designated terminals and load and unload passengers between their end points.

Read more at https://www.philstar.com/nation/2019/05/25/1920635/ltfrb-uv-express-vehicles-limited-p2p#QBayC41Y8vUSWvZs.99

:smile::hystery::smile::tongue::1927_::rolleyes::rolleyes::biggrin:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I dont think it will be a law disobeyed for long. If you watch youtube there are videos of hundreds getting fined every day and or vehicles confiscated. Slowly many are getting the message and even the bus drivers who were once ignoring officers are now complying according to what I see.  

• Like 2
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I dont think it will be a law disobeyed for long. If you watch youtube there are videos of hundreds getting fined every day and or vehicles confiscated. Slowly many are getting the message and even the bus drivers who were once ignoring officers are now complying according to what I see.  

And just who will enforce these laws? The police who sit in their aircon headquarters, or the ones who drive around in the police cars with the blue lights flashing for no particular reason?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
49 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

And just who will enforce these laws?

I once struck up a conversation with two young PNP officers stationed at a busy corner in our barangay (inside a 7-11 naturally lol). As we watched we saw jeepneys loading in a crosswalk underneath no loading sign, cars and trikes counterflowing to make the turn signal and pedestrians jaywalking against the light with their hands held up to stop on coming cars lol

I asked them why don't they stop them and enforce traffic laws. They shyly smiled and said it was the barangay traffic controllers job, besides they have never been issued situation books to write tickets :571c66d400c8c_1(103):.

I then waited for the light to change, and walked across the intersection to the converted Conex box that is the area traffic controller office. One controller was in the intersection and three were sitting in the shade. I asked who was the boss, they all smiled and pointed to one of their fellows. He greeted me with a smile and a handshake, asked where I was from and how I like the Philippines. 

I asked him who was responsible for writing tickets and enforcing the traffic laws (pointing to another jeepney screaming around the corner counter flowing. All of a sudden his English vanished and muttered something about it being the city police responsibility lololol :shock_40_anim_gif:

59 minutes ago, Arizona Kid said:

blue lights flashing for no particular reason?

Don't even get me started on this lolol

• Haha 1