Big Tobacco Is At It Again

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

it's quite apparent it's a lot safer than smoking now, it's been popular for about 10 years already.

At one time, cigarettes were also considered to be safe, and they were also very popular (for much longer than 10 years). They were even recommended and endorsed by medical doctors and dentists.  As far as the safety of vaping, time will tell.

cig.JPG   dent.JPG

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

They were even recommended and endorsed by medical doctors and dentists.  As far as the safety of vaping, time will tell.

As a child I remember my Doctor smoking (although not when patients were in his consulting room), he'd keep the window open a bit.

He died of smoking related complications when I was older, the link between smoking and health wasn't always as obvious as the current generation would have you believe.

My gut feeling (and that's all it is) is that vaping isn't as dangerous as smoking but I doubt it's 'safe', in fact I'd go so far as to say "Like smoking when I was a child the link between vaping and health isn't yet clear".

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

At one time, cigarettes were also considered to be safe, and they were also very popular (for much longer than 10 years). They were even recommended and endorsed by medical doctors and dentists.  As far as the safety of vaping, time will tell.

cig.JPG   dent.JPG

No study showing nicotine from vaping is more addictive then?:whistling:.

I don't think vaping is completely safe but better to choose the option you're not sure about than the option you know is really bad. So far most of the studies have shown it's a lot safer.
If vaping does end up being bad for you then it won't be the nicotine that's the problem, we already know that's not too bad for you, it's just a stimulant. It will be the food flavorings as they're the unknown aspects.

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, GeoffH said:

My gut feeling (and that's all it is) is that vaping isn't as dangerous as smoking but I doubt it's 'safe', in fact I'd go so far as to say "Like smoking when I was a child the link between vaping and health isn't yet clear".

Thanks!  That pretty much sums up what I'm trying to say:  Whether or not vaping is healthy or unhealthy is still debatable, but we will eventually find out the truth when the real results show up in the years ahead... but until then, I still feel that Big tobacco is guilty of promoting a product which has questionable and unknown long term effects.  

As Yogi Berra once said:

yogi.JPG

• Like 1

brmpipes
Posted
Posted

Big tobacco is starting to follow the vaping crowd as their profits start to decline. This is somewhat a second life for some tobacco companies.

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, brmpipes said:

Big tobacco is starting to follow the vaping crowd as their profits start to decline. This is somewhat a second life for some tobacco companies.

Very True!... but this could easily end up just like their first life :popcorn:

• Hmm thinking 1