Confirmation about the tourist visa please.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Was 29, now changed to 30.

Really? Wow... thanks for the update. That's been fairly recent then - I last entered just a year ago and got that 29 days - which I always thought was odd...

virginprune
Posted
Posted

As a Brit I got 30 days on arrival, first extension is for 29 days, all subsequent extensions are for 59 days or 6 months. The ACR card is applied for on the second extension.

My office for extensions is General Santos City where I can only get a 6 month extension if I am married. If I wish to avail a 6 month I have to apply at the office in Glan. Each office has their own rules and procedures. Nothing has a countrywide standard so YMMV.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, virginprune said:

As a Brit I got 30 days on arrival, first extension is for 29 days, all subsequent extensions are for 59 days or 6 months. The ACR card is applied for on the second extension.

My office for extensions is General Santos City where I can only get a 6 month extension if I am married. If I wish to avail a 6 month I have to apply at the office in Glan. Each office has their own rules and procedures. Nothing has a countrywide standard so YMMV.

When I was on a tourist visa I used to write 2 months for the extensions and I got 2 months not 59 days. Yes each office is different and can be very confusing when trying to get something done.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, sonjack2847 said:

I used to write 2 months for the extensions and I got 2 months

Kev, That is because they work on calendar Months dating from your Entry date, This is why some people forget the Closed days of BI and can easily miss renewing time. So you may lose a day when only 30 days and a couple in FEB 

virginprune
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

When I was on a tourist visa I used to write 2 months for the extensions and I got 2 months not 59 days. Yes each office is different and can be very confusing when trying to get something done.

I get 2 months as well but the official rule is stated as 59 days...or at least it was.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, virginprune said:

I get 2 months as well but the official rule is stated as 59 days...or at least it was.

although we seem to be splitting Hairs here Yes you are correct But if you arrive say on the 10th of a Month you get 30 days entry, then you have to go to BI and get a 29 day Visa WAIVER. Then after that you get your Extensions 1 or 2 or six months but it will all be on the date your Waiver Finished so your Extensions will always be on that date in any Month

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OBBinDaHouse
Posted
Posted

A USA citizen actually gets 29 days upon entry. The first extension is for 30 or 60 days - up to what is wanted. The third and beyond extensions can be up to six months each. Then you also pay for the Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) card. These are for tourist visas only.

ok.  You have to extend after 30 days.  when do you do it and how?

OBBinDaHouse
Posted
Posted

if you arrive say on the 10th of a Month you get 30 days entry, then you have to go to BI and get a 29 day Visa WAIVER.

is this stuff in one place on am official Phillipine website?

im not clear on when exactly you do each of these steps.

you have to go to BI and get a 29 day Visa WAIVER.   when is that one necessary? day 1 or day 29?

virginprune
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

although we seem to be splitting Hairs here Yes you are correct But if you arrive say on the 10th of a Month you get 30 days entry, then you have to go to BI and get a 29 day Visa WAIVER. Then after that you get your Extensions 1 or 2 or six months but it will all be on the date your Waiver Finished so your Extensions will always be on that date in any Month

You have put it more eloquently than I was able....thank you.

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, OBBinDaHouse said:

if you arrive say on the 10th of a Month you get 30 days entry, then you have to go to BI and get a 29 day Visa WAIVER.

is this stuff in one place on am official Phillipine website?

im not clear on when exactly you do each of these steps.

you have to go to BI and get a 29 day Visa WAIVER.   when is that one necessary? day 1 or day 29?

You will get an entry stamp in your passport and that immigration officer will inform you of how many days you are allowed to stay. Before those days expire you have to report to your nearest immigration office where they will process your waiver. This will cost you P2000+. They will attach a sticker in your passport with the date of expiry.

You must not be late reporting or there will be financial penalties. It is usually best to go a few days early but not more than one week earlier.

Does this offer clarification?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1