Confirmation about the tourist visa please.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

I last entered just a year ago and got that 29 days -

Take a close look at the passport stamps.  I would like to see that.  All of my stamps give me 30 days free; with the first renewal being for an additional 29 days.  Here ya go, I'll show you  mine from a year ago if you show me yours.  :hystery:

Stamps.jpg

Note that they scribble the "Stay Until" date but that is definitely 30 days, from Jan 09 to Feb 08.  The renewal is another 29 days, until Mar 09.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OBBinDaHouse said:

is this stuff in one place on am official Phillipine website?

im not clear on when exactly you do each of these steps.

Perhaps this will help.

http://immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa/temporary-visitor-visa/extension-of-authorized-stay-beyond-59-days

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Note that they scribble the "Stay Until" date but that is definitely 30 days, from Jan 09 to Feb 08.  The renewal is another 29 days, until Mar 09.

So your Extension day will the 9th of whatever Month yes?

Clermont
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, OBBinDaHouse said:

if you arrive say on the 10th of a Month you get 30 days entry, then you have to go to BI and get a 29 day Visa WAIVER.

is this stuff in one place on am official Phillipine website?

im not clear on when exactly you do each of these steps.

you have to go to BI and get a 29 day Visa WAIVER.   when is that one necessary? day 1 or day 29?

Yes it is all quite confusing, but when you get there, the first, 29/30 days are free, no Visa necessary, just a stamp in your passport, then meet up with your partner, and she/he will explain how to get an extension Visa's if needed. All the Visa's that people are posting here about are for long staying expats, you will have plenty of time to work the system out if you want to stay longer than your 29/30 days. Chill bro, go with the flow and don't stress, your going to enjoy, but be warned, don't overstay your Visa and if you need an extension it can take up to 2 weeks to get. :thumbsup:

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Okay... Dave... I call your pic and raise you one...hahaha...

Unless I am missing something, it shows clearly May 1 arrival and May 28 as expiration date?

InkedPassport Visa_LI.jpg

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

And I have used a travel agency that is almost right next door to BI here in Davao City. For a modest fee, they took care of renewing my visa for me - totally painless and well worth the 300 pesos or whatever for the convenience. I also learned from them that, in the case of a weekend or holiday, they would just file the renewal BEFORE the weekend or holiday but the extension would actually start from the date of the expiration - no lost days! I was very pleased with the service. Now I have the srrv so things are even easier and a bit cheaper too...

Maybe we should also remind everyone that, on a tourist visa, when exiting the country, you must obtain an exit clearance first and should do that maybe a week before departure. It entails ink and scan fingerprinting, and a photo and copy of your passport info page... Here in Davao, that is done in the same building as BI, so I assume it is part of that?

Edited by Tommy T.

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Mike J said:

Was 29, now changed to 30.

was 21, now 30. At least that was for the UK.

Edited by jimeve

hk blues
Posted
Posted

What, you guys are telling me that different BI offices are following different rules - who'd have thought it! :2245_safe:

• Haha 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

So your Extension day will the 9th of whatever Month yes?

Not the first one.  Mine worked out to be from the 9th to the 9th because Jan had 31 days and Feb had 28 so in that special instance it worked out to the 9th of March.  I can show dozens of them (in and out a lot) and they always work out to 30 days for the first stay and 29 for the first extension (for the last few years anyway).

It looks to me like Tommy is showing a pic of his departure stamp.  The arrival stamp is usually square with the flight number on it.  Comparing Tommy's pic to the dozens in my own passport, Tommy had a visa that was valid until May 28, 2018 but departed early, on May 01, 2018.  He is not showing us the re-entry stamp.  Wonder why that it.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

That's been fairly recent then -

Well the BI website is dated 2014 so not recent.

Non-visa required tourists admitted initially for thirty (30) days and is requesting for an initial extension of twenty-nine (29) days

http://immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/non-immigrant-visa/temporary-visitor-visa/visa-waiver

• Hmm thinking 1