Confirmation about the tourist visa please.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
53 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Comparing Tommy's pic to the dozens in my own passport, Tommy had a visa that was valid until May 28, 2018 but departed early, on May 01, 2018.  He is not showing us the re-entry stamp.  Wonder why that it.

Sorry... You are right I took a pic of the wrong stamp. Thanks for pointing that out. Try this one:

Visa Stamp.jpg

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

So I guess this confirms what you guys are saying - even last year it was 30 days...

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

So I guess this confirms what you guys are saying - even last year it was 30 days...

Been thirty days for a long time. So long I can not remember how long. 

• Thanks 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Then after that you get your Extensions 1 or 2 or six months but it will all be on the date your Waiver Finished so your Extensions will always be on that date in any Month

I concur with this, for example my latest extension is from July 5th until September 5th. That gives me 63 days this time.

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, virginprune said:

I concur with this, for example my latest extension is from July 5th until September 5th. That gives me 63 days this time.

That seems to be a change, the extensions used to be 59 days, hence you got a 29 day extension to take your first 30 day to the first 59 days.

• Like 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Gary D said:

That seems to be a change, the extensions used to be 59 days, hence you got a 29 day extension to take your first 30 day to the first 59 days.

You get 29 days after your initial 30 to take that up to 59 days. After that it goes in calendar months.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, virginprune said:

I get 2 months as well but the official rule is stated as 59 days...or at least it was.

Yes I remember that rule but you know what happens to rules here, they are open to interpretation on a very wide scale.

• Like 3