OPEN for discussion

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

:shades: During the Weekend and Tallying Spends against Budget for the Month ( I am not naive) It is still after all these years that the old phrase " Why are there so many days left at the end of the Budget" I have never really lived to a Budget in my previous life mainly because I never had to but here it seems that is the way it is. Having said that I am sure that others find that because we ( the Foreigner) have that little more  Budgets can be extended and stretched to meet demand. "A" is very Good at the Budget thing But again, there is always that or those Items that were Forgotten. I once tried to say Oh Well! it's OK I will just deduct it from next Months financing :56da632e94212_1(60): Wrong answer apparently. :SugarwareZ-037:

So said accounting wife, if you do that I will need more and you will moan. MOAN what me, dare to moan :ohmy:  There is no moral to this story as "it is what it is"and we are where we are"  Fellow members Does it ever get better? after all these years I know it won't but  I do  someday sit and wonder then some days I just sit. Today I will just sit here I think. Life should not be hard But...........................:huh:  My Life is by no means hard but the monthly stress I can do without :wink:

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I`m short this month but I can put some of that on the house build as there are always little things to buy which should, but don`t always, come from another budget. The line about taking from next month never happens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

The line about taking from next month never happens.

:thumbsup: Yeah like me Kev, your not suicidal. YET! :hystery: 

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I've always set a budget and stuck to it as a matter of discipline.  However, any unexpected expenses, and irregular but expected ones too, come out of a different pot so I'm sure I really have a budget in the strictest sense.  I can imagine how stressful it must be to have to stick to a budget when on a fixed income with almost no savings to fall back on in an emergency.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, expatuk2014 said:

Everything we save compared to last year on a monthly basis goes into our savings account. And its growing very well.

I admire your Efforts but I don't think I could enjoy life with micro accounting but glad it suits you :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

My monthly bill for electricity averages around p1200 (no aircon). 

Water has increased a little recently, with having to water the garden... so around p350.

The wife's SS and Philhealth , another p1200. 

PLDT Fiber internet package (unlimited 20-25 meg)  comes in at p1899 .

No rent .

I suppose the rest is just food and transport, as far as regular necessary expenses go.  

My wife will find a way to spend whatever money she is given.  'Saving', being an unknown concept.... in common with many of the locals.

Therefore yes, I do keep tight control over  'our' money, because I am not a bloody ATM or a fairy godfather.  

• Like 5
  • Hmm thinking 1