Shipping container

Youngheart
Posted
Posted

I am moving 2 bedroom house furniture from Brisbane to Cebu in a 20ft shipping container. Can anyone give advice on a good shipping company and or a good company in Cebu who can handle the container through customs? Just furniture, clothing, tv and whitegoods.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Youngheart said:

Can anyone give advice on a good shipping company and or a good company in Cebu who can handle the container through customs?

I've seen it done a time or two, but the only Aussie I know who did it successfully has passed away so cannot get his input.  Lots of headaches, I heard, but it can be done.

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Welcome youngheart.

My suggestion would be to start with a trusted international shipping company in OZ. When we moved from the states we used Atlas. I really don't think it will matter who you use there, it will get subcontracted to a Philippine transport company here anyway. But the more reputable company in your home country most likely the more reputable company here.

Our container arrived with no problems.

A few things to be ready for. Our company quoted a prise for door to door, but that it did not include Philippine custom inspection our harbor storage. The bill was even itemized down to the cost of fuel to move it from storage to the inspection yard and back. Just so you wont be surprised if the quote is a little off.

good luck 

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Youngheart said:

I am moving 2 bedroom house furniture from Brisbane to Cebu in a 20ft shipping container. Can anyone give advice on a good shipping company and or a good company in Cebu who can handle the container through customs? Just furniture, clothing, tv and whitegoods.

Have you considered the cost and hassle of moving now second hand items rather than sell for what you can get and buy new when you arrive? A Balikbayan box or two is easy for clothing and personal items. 

• Like 4

Youngheart
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your reply JGF.

I have thought hard about it. there are just some Antique Furniture items with a lot of sentimental value.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Youngheart said:

there are just some Antique Furniture items with a lot of sentimental value.

Antique! Whoa my friend, please do not state that on the manifesto. That smells of Money to the PI customs :wink: Household Goods is all you need to say :thumbsup:

Edited by Jack Peterson
because OK!
  • Like 1

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

I shipped a 20ft container from Houston (USA) to Angeles City about two years ago. Even with an SRRV Classic Visa I had to pay around $1,000 US for misc gov fees that should have been free. I also had trouble with the Custom's Clearing Agent in the Philippines closing their door which cost me a lot in unnecessary demiurge which resulted in the move far exceeded the original quoted price.  I'm glad I shipped the 20ft container as I didn't want to sell then repurchase my Tempur-pedic beds, Electrolux washer and dryer or give up all my oversized and expensive clothes. 

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Happyhorn52 said:

I shipped a 20ft container from Houston (USA) to Angeles City about two years ago. Even with an SRRV Classic Visa I had to pay around $1,000 US for misc gov fees that should have been free...

We got stung for an extra 17,000php but, other than that, everything went very smoothly with our shipment from Hong Kong

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

US customs pulled my shipment for a detailed inspection which cost me an extra $1,100 US