Why oh Why

RBM
Posted
Posted

Have close friend here whom has been with his Filipina for over 10 years. He purchased a house for her an their baby, nice location, they have always had an excellent relationship with mutual respect. 

As he spends a two month period here and returns to his country this poses no problem, they video chat most nights, further he is supporting her parents whom are helping out with baby an house. Its a pension requirement  for him to absent no longer than 2 months. She is  always excited upon his return, often texts me about it.

Recently he called me extremely upset as appears she has a Filipino BF, discovered via the cell. Without going into details it appears certainly to be the situation. They have discussed it and currently trying to work through it.

Just not able to understand this word why....she is educated, intelligent as is he, further he adores her and spends accordingly. He is not a drinker and is very good natured, it staggers belief.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Hmm thinking 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, CoffeeRulzMe said:

A good guy that loves his wife, good provider, not a drinker, etc.  Loss of trust; I agree with Jack, hard to mend.  I'll take it a step further; impossible to mend (from my personal experience but with a western woman). Tried to get past it.....for a few years for the benefit of kids.....then one day, I just got up out of bed after thinking all night, packed a few bags, and walk out.  No regrets.

Been there... done that and I have to agree with you.

• Like 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

... And that is how my first marriage to a Filipina ended (after 12 years).

I am convinced that no matter how hard we try,  for some Filipinas,  we can never match 'one of their own'.  

It hurts. 

• Like 3

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
On 5/29/2019 at 12:03 PM, RBM said:

Have close friend here whom has been with his Filipina for over 10 years. He purchased a house for her an their baby, nice location, they have always had an excellent relationship with mutual respect. 

As he spends a two month period here and returns to his country this poses no problem, they video chat most nights, further he is supporting her parents whom are helping out with baby an house. Its a pension requirement  for him to absent no longer than 2 months. She is  always excited upon his return, often texts me about it.

Recently he called me extremely upset as appears she has a Filipino BF, discovered via the cell. Without going into details it appears certainly to be the situation. They have discussed it and currently trying to work through it.

Just not able to understand this word why....she is educated, intelligent as is he, further he adores her and spends accordingly. He is not a drinker and is very good natured, it staggers belief.

Sad to say it's the old Cat's away the mice will play. I for one would not forgive it and be done with her!:facepalm_80_anim_gif:

• Like 4

davewe
Posted
Posted
On 5/29/2019 at 12:03 PM, RBM said:

As he spends a two month period here and returns to his country this poses no problem, they video chat most nights...

The question is how long is he away. If he is in PI for 2 months and then the rest of the year in his country, this seems a scenario consistent with cheating, no matter how long they have been together.

• Like 5
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 5/30/2019 at 8:24 AM, GeoffH said:

Been there... done that and I have to agree with you

. . . and I got the tee-shirt, using to wash my car.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
On 5/30/2019 at 5:11 PM, davewe said:

The question is how long is he away. If he is in PI for 2 months and then the rest of the year in his country, this seems a scenario consistent with cheating, no matter how long they have been together.

To clarify  he has 2 months abroad and 2 months in the   Philippines, this on a pretty much permanent basis.