Car Registration

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Hello,

Once again I am getting the blank look on a question, so I am back here for some assistance in my quest for knowledge about car registration.

The car, sorry to say a mazda3 has been taken to the LTO and had the exhaust emission test, and have the papers to authenticate this.

Is the next step to get compulsory insurance for this? some countries call it 3rd party, to cover if someone gets hurt in an accident.

Is there different charges for this insurance by different companies i.e. does it pay to shop around?

TIA

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Hello,

Once again I am getting the blank look on a question, so I am back here for some assistance in my quest for knowledge about car registration.

The car, sorry to say a mazda3 has been taken to the LTO and had the exhaust emission test, and have the papers to authenticate this.

Is the next step to get compulsory insurance for this? some countries call it 3rd party, to cover if someone gets hurt in an accident.

Is there different charges for this insurance by different companies i.e. does it pay to shop around?

TIA

The LTO will sort out the insurance for you. I suppose you could save a couple of hundred pesos by shopping around.

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Hello,

TIA

This is what I do at Lapu- Lapu LTO. I put the car in for exhaust check and while waiting I go to the insurance office situated just opposite the test centre, next door to the little medical office. I give the guy there my last years insurance papers, he types out a new one, cost is a little over a thousand pesos, takes about 5 minutes if it's not lunch time. I assume all LTO's are the same but this is the P.I. a bit stupid to assume anything here, good luck

Forgot to add, you will need your engine/chassis number done at the LTO.

Edited by frosty (chris)
addad

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, frosty (chris) said:

Forgot to add, you will need your engine/chassis number done at the LTO.

Haven't had to have that done since I owned my old Wrangler. Must be a really old Mazda.:shades: