Advice on what I need to do

Ryan schroth
Posted
Posted

Advice on what I need to do.I want to marry Philippine girl we want to live in her province in Luzon. What do I need to do to be able to come and stay there. She is going through annulment process now. So I need to be able to stay for at least a year and then what does it take to get married

• Hmm thinking 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum Ryan.

Have you met the lady or visited Philippines before?

Annulment process may take some time and $$$$ we assume you understand that?

Basically all you need is a passport airline tickets and enough money to support yourself, your future wife and perhaps her family. 

You are allowed to stay in Philippines for an extended length on a tourist visa once you’re married you may choose other visa as you want.

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Welcome Ryan

54 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Have you met the lady or visited Philippines before?

Good reason behind that question Ryan

If this is an online meet up, tread carefully until you have experienced a trip to Philippines.

Lots of information here, read through the Topics and may I suggest you read the current Topic "Why oh Why"

A little more information about yourself and the circumstances for the posting this request, would help members to advise you further.

Wish you well and Good Luck

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 2

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted

If you end up getting married in the Philippines, and you were previously married (one or more times), you'll need your divorce documents in order to get approval from the US Embassy to marry a Filipina. Plus, the Philippine marriage licensing bureau will also want to see all of the same documents if you end up marrying a Filipina in the Philippines.  Good Luck!

• Like 1

Ryan schroth
Posted
Posted

Yes I have met her I spent 2 1/2 weeks there just got home on memorial day back in the states from Manila. We are already started the enrollment process and paid the fees. I am aware it could take a while minimum one year. I just wasn’t sure if I had to have sponsorship to stay there for extended period. How do you go about tourist visa with that be with who I booked my airline ticket? Do I have to have anopen ended return ticket. I appreciate the responses and advice thank you very much. I will probably have a lot of questions I appreciate all of your patience and help . Also for everyone’s information this is a sister to a friend of mine’s wife so I knew who I was going to see

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Good to hear your Filipina GF is the sister of someone you know.

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Ryan schroth said:

Do I have to have an open ended return ticket.

Indeed Ryan they could refuse you entry without an ongoing/ return ticket, after the 30 days (  I think it still is ) you apply at a local police station for an extension visa. UK require you to be resident for 55 days before marriage don't know if it similar for Americans

Sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

UK require you to be resident for 55 days before marriage don't know if it similar for Americans

No requirement like that for this American, but I went through this in 2015, so things may have changed since then.

• Like 1

Hobbit112
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Indeed Ryan they could refuse you entry without an ongoing/ return ticket, after the 30 days (  I think it still is ) you apply at a local police station for an extension visa. UK require you to be resident for 55 days before marriage don't know if it similar for Americans

You apply to the Bureau of Immigration for a visa extension.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Ryan schroth said:

Yes I have met her I spent 2 1/2 weeks there just got home on memorial day back in the states from Manila. We are already started the enrollment process and paid the fees. I am aware it could take a while minimum one year. I just wasn’t sure if I had to have sponsorship to stay there for extended period. How do you go about tourist visa with that be with who I booked my airline ticket? Do I have to have anopen ended return ticket. I appreciate the responses and advice thank you very much. I will probably have a lot of questions I appreciate all of your patience and help . Also for everyone’s information this is a sister to a friend of mine’s wife so I knew who I was going to see

You will not need sponsorship, but you will need to extend your stay and get an ACR (Alien certificate registration) card.  Your passport will get you your 30 days of stay and you then extend the stay on a tourist visa.  You would need an "ongoing" ticket when you arrive in the Philippines.  It does not have to be a "return ticket", just a flight that gets you back out of the Philippines.  You can extend the visitor visa for up to six months at a time for a total stay of up to 36 months.  If you are still on a visitor visa at the end of 36 months you will need to exit and reenter the country.  Do not overstay, this is a serious offense.  If you marry during your visitor stay, you can apply for a 13A visa (married to a Philippine citizen).  The 13A is a permanent resident visa and does not expire.

http://immigration.gov.ph/faqs/extensionofstay

http://immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/immigrant-visa/non-quota-visa/conversion-to-non-quota-immigrant-visa-by-marriage

• Like 2
  • Love it 1