Advice on what I need to do

Ryan schroth
Posted
Posted

Thanks for info .i appreciate it.we want for her to buy a house in Camarines Norte . We will live there and wait for annulment to be final. We also plan to buy a rental in Manila for income to add to a death benefit I get. Should be enough for decent living til I can draw S.S. And my ira’s. I’m 50 she’s 57. I hope I can do this . We want to be together now and not wait the couple years, and I can give up working construction. And the money just won’t give as good a life here as there. I hope this is a new start to a happy life. I really could use this. Lost mice of 21 yrs February . I really enjoy Fe and loved my visit there. Had always wanted to come to Philippines since I was 20 yr old marine.hope to meet some of u when I get there. Plan to be there no later than February . Hope as soon as October .

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Hobbit112 said:

You apply to the Bureau of Immigration for a visa extension.

That may be the case as of now, although I had just got married at the time, my wife took me to the local Police station, signed some forms and was given an extension permit/ visa.

To have a marriage recognised the British requirement was 55 days notice at the Embassy or 55 days notice before leaving the UK at your local Bureau/ Registry of Births, Marriages and Deaths, obviously it will/may  differ for different Nationalities. :thumbsup:

graham59
Posted
Posted

Wow.

I'm almost wondering if this is some sort of 'wind-up' post... apols if it aint. O.P. 

My advice to ANYONE in a similar situation, would be to SLOW DOWN.... and keep your money in your pocket/bank until the relationship is 100%.  Don't care WHO she's related to.

Annulment may well take 2 years, not one, incidentally... during which time she will be breaking the Phils law, if sleeping with you. So don't shout about it.  Hubby may want some of your millions... assuming he's still alive.  

• Like 5

Mick
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Kuya John said:

Indeed Ryan they could refuse you entry without an ongoing/ return ticket, after the 30 days (  I think it still is ) you apply at a local police station for an extension visa. UK require you to be resident for 55 days before marriage don't know if it similar for Americans

Sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

No need the 55 days, I flew in a week before from work

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Yep. I don't know where this '55 days' comes from.

We did to need to give  minimum 10 days notice to the local Registrar, to get our marriage licence. Then got married by the Mayor.  

I did the whole thing... appointment at Brit Embassy, for the Affirmation, arranged marriage in the province, got married there, and returned to UK (just myself) within the 30 days visa waiver period.  That was 2015. 

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Yep. I don't know where this '55 days' comes from.

1 hour ago, Mick said:

No need the 55 days, I flew in a week before from work

Seems like things have changed a lot since 2004, which is to be applauded.

What about the seminar bit, even though we were already married my wife still had to attend a pre-marriage seminar in Cebu ! before they would changed her passport status, still required?

I remember my wife to be, was denied a visa on two occasions to come to England and that's why I married her in Quezon City (civil wedding) followed by our church marriage 6 months later. it took a further two attempts for her to be granted a visa as my wife to finally come to UK. My friend got round all that by marrying his wife who was working at the time in Hong Kong and had no problem there 4/5 years ago.

Edited by Kuya John
paragraphing

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Seems like things have changed a lot since 2004, which is to be applauded.

What about the seminar bit, even though we were already married my wife still had to attend a pre-marriage seminar in Cebu!

before they would changed her passport status, still required?

I remember my wife to be, was denied a visa on two occasions to come to England and that's why I married her in Quezon City (civil wedding) followed by our church marriage 6 months later. it took a further two attempts for her to be granted a visa as my wife to finally come to UK. My friend got round all that by marrying his wife who was working at the time in Hong Kong and had no problem there 4/5 years ago.

Looks like you are talking about getting married in the UK rather than in the Philippines. Correct me if Im wrong.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Ryan schroth said:

We will live there and wait for annulment to be final

I dont think thats a good idea.

Is the husband still around? He can cause you issues which could cost you money or even your life.

• Like 2

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Looks like you are talking about getting married in the UK rather than in the Philippines. Correct me if Im wrong.

Sorry JGF I digressed into explaining my own circumstances and follow up

Before leaving UK I registered my intention to marry in Philippines and the "Wedding Banns" were posted for 55 days before the date of our wedding at that time it was a requirement..( Perhaps for her intended entry to UK ? )

Edited by Kuya John