Shipping a motorcycle

RBM
Posted
Posted

I brought a new Super tenere 1200 in Manila  and it was not much more expensive than new in NZ.

Around 10 years ago did the sums and definitely not worth it to import. Ended up sending  2  TTR s over in a box, ( shipped as BB)  was a small issue with customs as xrays were just installed, easily over come by.....

Registration was also easy with contacts. I doubt this is possible now. Best, easiest is buy here.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, RBM said:

Registration was also easy with contacts. I doubt this is possible now.

:thumbsup: Oh yes not do easy now. Requirents to date ;

Imported Second Hand Motorcycle

Commercial Invoice or Certificate of Registration from the country of origin.

BOC Certificate of Payment.

Certificate of Stock Reported.

Bill of Lading.

Certificate of Emission Compliance.

Certificate of Compliance to Emission Standards issued by the Regional Office.

RBM
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

:thumbsup: Oh yes not do easy now. Requirents to date ;

Imported Second Hand Motorcycle

Commercial Invoice or Certificate of Registration from the country of origin.

BOC Certificate of Payment.

Certificate of Stock Reported.

Bill of Lading.

Certificate of Emission Compliance.

Certificate of Compliance to Emission Standards issued by the Regional Office.

Mindanao Jack

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

Where would you be able to drive a 1200 cc bike like it's supposed to be driven here in the Phills? The only reason I can think of owning one would be to satisfy the "mine is bigger than yours" syndrome! :tongue:

• Haha 2

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

I own a honda valkyrie,  ive thought about shipping it over but ive got to let my head rule my heart , its just too big for the Philippines and the cost of shipping is prohibitive,  ive been thinking of a honda 250 for the Philippines 

• Like 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, RBM said:

I brought a new Super tenere 1200 in Manila  and it was not much more expensive than new in NZ.

Around 10 years ago did the sums and definitely not worth it to import. Ended up sending  2  TTR s over in a box, ( shipped as BB)  was a small issue with customs as xrays were just installed, easily over come by.....

Registration was also easy with contacts. I doubt this is possible now. Best, easiest is buy here.

I road my friends Super Tenere for half a day up in Alaska, very nice bike.

• Like 1

RDean62
Posted
Posted

lots of good advice. As far as riding goes, i know a big bike seems like an extravagance and maybe it is, but there are rides there in Leyte and Samar.  Tacloban to Maasin would be a nice ride. I get it though. Doing all of that to get a bike over from the states seems foolish.

I will keep my eyes and ears open for used bikes for sale and consider buying a new one at some point in the future.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

Where would you be able to drive a 1200 cc bike like it's supposed to be driven here in the Phills? The only reason I can think of owning one would be to satisfy the "mine is bigger than yours" syndrome! :tongue:

This is one of the most craziest statements I have ever read on this forum. Obviously by a person whom has never ridden large bikes here.

Speed is not everything on a big bike, how ever within 10 minutes of where I live I was often SAFELY  riding at over 180KM, nice road, no side roads little traffic. Modesty aside I have ridden extensively here and there are many roads where one can safely ride fast if that is the desire. Only those with riding experience will understand the sensations of having this kind of power under them.

Your comment of mine is bigger than yours I find offensive.

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, bastonjock said:

I own a honda valkyrie,  ive thought about shipping it over but ive got to let my head rule my heart , its just too big for the Philippines and the cost of shipping is prohibitive,  ive been thinking of a honda 250 for the Philippines 

You could look at at an 650 Versys not so expensive and a great bike. I ride now just a Yamaha 250 serow which is great in the city but open roads..........Still can have some fun light off road riding.

I could not advise shipping one over without contacts. Still it will be cost prohibitive.

Heeb
Posted
Posted

Here’s a question, let’s say you purchase a motorcycle in the P.I....could you take it to another country like India for a trip and bring it back and avoid hassles since it was purchased in P.I.?