Shipping a motorcycle

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Heeb said:

Here’s a question, let’s say you purchase a motorcycle in the P.I....could you take it to another country like India for a trip and bring it back and avoid hassles since it was purchased in P.I.?

In Theory I guess you could but in Practise  The other country may see it as you are importing. the reason I say this is because  Some years ago I bought a car in GIBRALTAR which is a UK  Dependency, I had no end of Problem to go to Spain ( just 1 Km away by land)  :wow: Did I have a problem, I had to get so much Documentation together I which (Included Residentia in Gibraltar) to cross the Border. Somehow my friend I really am not sure the LTO are geared for this and also the Customs on your return, You may as well do as I did in the end Leave the vehicle(Bike) in the PI and Rent where you are going. Such is my experience :wink:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

The other country may see it as you are importing

Anything is possible I suppose, if you are willing to go through the hassle and possible costs. I recently saw a utube where some New Zealander's rode their motorcycles through North Korea. You just know that there was paper work and costs in that. (side note it was an interesting vid. showed some parts of NK that are usually not seen)

It all depends on the number of hoops a person is willing to jump through

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, scott h said:

It all depends on the number of hoops a person is willing to jump through

:thumbsup: Ain't that the Truth of it all :smile:

RDean62
Posted
Posted

I am 6.1 and 215. My wife and I like to ride and we could make do with a smaller bike, but a bigger bike will ride better and have more power on the hills.  It’s not an ego thing. We just like to ride.

this is my 2002 Honda Shadow.

2271F296-4C2C-438F-B7C6-279D6BAEE8D4.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

RDean62
Posted
Posted

I am not the person to ask. I would have no idea 😂

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, RDean62 said:

I am not the person to ask. I would have no idea 😂

Scratching Head.jpg Who, What, Where and when are you trying to say and to whom? :whistling:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, bastonjock said:

I own a honda valkyrie,  ive thought about shipping it over but ive got to let my head rule my heart , its just too big for the Philippines and the cost of shipping is prohibitive,  ive been thinking of a honda 250 for the Philippines 

Plenty big. Keep in mind that you need at least 400cc to legally drive in the national toll roads.:wave:

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, RBM said:

This is one of the most craziest statements I have ever read on this forum. Obviously by a person whom has never ridden large bikes here.

Speed is not everything on a big bike, how ever within 10 minutes of where I live I was often SAFELY  riding at over 180KM, nice road, no side roads little traffic. Modesty aside I have ridden extensively here and there are many roads where one can safely ride fast if that is the desire. Only those with riding experience will understand the sensations of having this kind of power under them.

Your comment of mine is bigger than yours I find offensive.

Didn't intend to offend. Please except my apology.:6:

• Like 1

bastonjock
Posted
Posted

IMG_20180527_131058461_HDR.jpgHere's my iron horse :thumbsup:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, bastonjock said:

Here's my iron horse :thumbsup:

:whistling: How many years Agooooooooooooooooooo :smile:?

• Haha 1