The Philippines: You can check out but you can never leave

Gary D
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, SenorJorge said:

I discovered my marriage was fraudulent.  The woman was desperate to get whatever she could get from me.  This girl emptied my bank account.  I didn't even tell her that I wouldn't be back and she sold my engagement ring.  I've talked to a few attorneys and they've all told me that I can try to negotiate with her if I want, but her family is sure to ask for more money.  She's taken thousands from me already this year, so she can forget that.   When I tried to leave in the past she was very manipulative and she honestly scares me.  I don't know what she's capable of - she's been a freelancer in Pattaya for over 10 years.  A few friends have suggested that I lock my credit and wait for her to divorce me in my absence after I've left for a year and I think this is my best course of action.  Regardless, Thai judges are certainly going to side with her.  Thailand doesn't seem to like us Americans much anymore, not since the military government.  Because of this and the general negative experience I've had in Thailand since 2005, I've really left for good this time.  It appears that the Phils has everything I need and more.  Time for a new start somewhere else.  When my health improves, I am really going to go there with a very clean and open attitude, ready to embrace my new life.  I will also go to India for awhile.  I am not sure where I will spend more time, India or the Phils.  But one thing is fore sure, Thailand is over.

Some find the Philippines to be no different to your experiences in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I still hear it whenever I watch the numerous home renovation shows etc etc that I watch.

I'm surprised that you would say the UK has some difficult regional accents but the US doesn't! :whistling: 

I guess that George Bernard Shaw was absolutely correct (or it could be said that he was spot on). :tiphat:

C4EE737F-F504-4A18-AEA3-E0D3CCE142E5.jpeg

• Like 2

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
On 6/17/2019 at 7:53 PM, hk blues said:

What exactly do you mean fluent in American English? 

On 6/18/2019 at 12:45 PM, hk blues said:

I still hear it whenever I watch the numerous home renovation shows etc etc that I watch.

I'm surprised that you would say the UK has some difficult regional accents but the US doesn't! :whistling: 

On 6/18/2019 at 12:57 PM, Mark Berkowitz said:

I guess that George Bernard Shaw was absolutely correct (or it could be said that he was spot on). :tiphat:

• Haha 1

SenorJorge
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Gary D said:

Some find the Philippines to be no different to your experiences in Thailand.

I know that, fortunately or unfortunately.  The difference is, I'm hardened by it all now.  Now I'm the boss.  No marriages.  No joint accounts.  No property.  I can end this relationship whenever I want to.  Im going to live in hotels, so I won't be locked down to any houses, condos, leases, etc, either.  Primary mode of travel will be taxi.  No car payment.  No responsibilities and no horrendous consequences if I end any relationship with any woman.

• Like 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, SenorJorge said:

No car payment.  No responsibilities and no horrendous consequences if I end any relationship with any woman.

I had a horrible experience (with horrendous consequences) with an American woman in the US, so I can relate to what you're saying, and what you're going through right now.

However, I found the right woman for me in the Philippines, even though my American friends thought that I was completely out of my mind for ever going there.

Edited by Mark Berkowitz
added some
  • Like 4

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted

Back to Topic Again (ARHG... haha):

lost.JPG

I just realized that I've gone totally Filipino with this one, since we only use knives when we go to a Steak House, but never at home :tiphat:

• Like 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted

My wife actually thinks that my homemade tabo works much better than the store bought tabo.

tabo mine.JPG  store bought.JPG

• Like 1

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
On 6/17/2019 at 2:56 PM, SenorJorge said:

After spending so long there and having serious relationships with multiple Thai women, sometimes I think Thailand is all I can think about. 

And therein maybe lies the problem ...”multiple”.....but overall, you just never found the Right one in all those opportunities.  I wish you better luck on the next part of your journey.  

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted

Back to topic (again) :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

I still buy Banana Ketchup (for my wife), but it's sold in the US as 'Banana Sauce,' because of some governmental regulation that requires anything called ketchup to actually contain tomatoes... now, how silly is that? :tongue:

banana.JPG

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted

My Pinay wife still likes to get something for free.  Even if we don’t really need it right now (or never), she loves the ‘buy one, get one’ deals, just as much as the ‘buy one, take one’ deals in the Philippines.

take 1.JPG

• Like 1