NAIA Terminal 3, Are Porters available?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Jon,

Would you consider sharing with the group your perspective on Philippines as a visitor with limited mobility? 

This would be helpful for others who may ask questions about that topic. If you wish to keep that private we understand and respect your decision.

• Like 1

Tito Jon
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Since you are not sure about the details of the airport etc can I assume the lady you are meeting is someone you have not met in person before but then again you say going to Luzon again ? 

Im know about NAIA, I was there in 2017 to meet my g/f, while I was there I proposed to her. The part I didnt know about, is how I was going to react to while traveling there again.. my reaction comes from my stoke and pacemaker from late 2018.

• Like 2

Tito Jon
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Jon,

Would you consider sharing with the group your perspective on Philippines as a visitor with limited mobility? 

This would be helpful for others who may ask questions about that topic. If you wish to keep that private we understand and respect your decision.

I dont mind, but I know my limited mobility is ALOT worse than before..

Mark57
Posted
Posted

There will be a bunch of porters hanging around  they will be very happy to take you and your bags  over to the money changers  - exchange some dollars and they will patiently wait to take you out the doors to your transportation -    - the rate is good there - almost as good as anywhere else in manila  -  get some pesos and you are ready to go  give them 100 to 200 pesos and they will be happy.  (2 to 4 bucks)

• Like 1

Tito Jon
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Mark57 said:

There will be a bunch of porters hanging around  they will be very happy to take you and your bags  over to the money changers  - exchange some dollars and they will patiently wait to take you out the doors to your transportation -    - the rate is good there - almost as good as anywhere else in manila  -  get some pesos and you are ready to go  give them 100 to 200 pesos and they will be happy.  (2 to 4 bucks)

Im assuming I need 2 porters, one to push me, and another to get my baggage. If two are needed, I was going to pay each of them $5.. Im going to be as happy as they are!

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Tito Jon said:

Im assuming I need 2 porters, one to push me, and another to get my baggage. If two are needed, I was going to pay each of them $5.. Im going to be as happy as they are!

I agree with Mark. Two porters to take care of you and your baggage. Jon, you probably know this but be sure to contact your bank and CC company you'll be over there. 

Is your girl going to meet you at the airport? She could arrange for a van to pick you up?

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Tito Jon
Posted
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Old55 said:

I agree with Mark. Two porters to take care of you and your baggage. Jon, you probably know this but be sure to contact your bank and CC company you'll be over there. 

Is your girl going to meet you at the airport? She could arrange for a van to pick you up?

CC company? sorry Im not sure about some acroyms, I wiil contact the bank for sure.

Indeed we will meet in Manila, her and other family members. I will have to stay in Manila for a US Embassy appointment.

Edited by Tito Jon
edit

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

CC = Credit Card, sorry Jon. :tiphat:

Mark57
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tito Jon said:

they will be happy guys!

Tito Jon
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, Old55 said:

CC = Credit Card, sorry Jon. :tiphat:

no worries, thanks for the explanation.. :thumbsup: