NHS U-turn (Thank Goodness)

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

As you all will be aware the President of America is paying a visit to the UK.

When asked yesterday,  it was reported that the President had said the National Health Service " Was on the table for any future negotiations in a USA -UK trade deal".

Today's News brings a host of would-be Prime Minister's, denying that would be allowed to happen and the President saying that "Everything is negotiable with a trade deal, but  not necessarily the NHS.:89:

Is the turn-around due to the  public outcry, or is there no smoke without fire?........Just a thought  :tiphat:

Edited by Kuya John

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

As you all will be aware the President of America is paying a visit to the UK.

When asked yesterday,  it was reported that the President had said the National Health Service " Was on the table for any future negotiations in a USA -UK trade deal".

Today's News brings a host of would-be Prime Minister's, denying that would be allowed to happen and the President saying that "Everything is negotiable with a trade deal, but  not necessarily the NHS.:89:

Is the turn-around due to the  public outcry, or is there no smoke without fire?........Just a thought  :tiphat:

I take everything that the Orange man says with a grain of salt.:facepalm_80_anim_gif:

• Like 1
  • Love it 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

"Everything is negotiable with a trade deal,

We shall see.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

History has shown that very little that is promised by a politician comes to fruition.  I think some privatisation has it's place in the health service, as from experience when it's tax payers money things are less controlled as has been shown by the better services provided on the continent where there's a fair amount of privatisation. 

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I think some privatisation has it's place in the health service, as from experience when it's tax payers money things are less controlled

I agree to a point Snowy,

NHS is already farming out operations to the Private sector Hospitals.

Two years ago I was given the choice of a quicker NHS op if I went to the local Private Hospital.

Thinking my treatment might be better, I agreed.

Operated on in the Evening......thrown out in the morning! Even though I questioned the pain I was in!

I wonder, had I been paying privately would my care of been more important?

When I was visited by local NHS friends they said had I been in their care I would of had at least three days

pain relief and monitoring!.....just my experience of a Private Hospital v NHS.

• Like 2

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

I take everything that the Orange man says with a grain of salt.:facepalm_80_anim_gif:

I usually need something a bit stronger :shooter:

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Just watched the President of the USA saying live on TV he doesn't see the NHS being part of a trade deal. 

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Just watched the President of the USA saying live on TV he doesn't see the NHS being part of a trade deal. 

The Man of a thousand retractions :rolleyes: maybe his next statement will be he was mis-quoted or it was fake news.

Donald President backtracks on NHS trade deal comments in Piers Morgan interview | Metro News

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 3

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

maybe his next statement will be he was mis-quoted or it was fake news.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

image.png

The above statement was later changed

Edited by Kuya John