anyone use norton security for antivirus??

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I would just buy a license online.

https://www.nortonsecurityonline.com/ns-ph/

Ozzyboy
Posted
Posted

I bought a Norton's product several years ago from eBay with 5 keys for $45,  as i travel a lot around the world

i didn't want to worry about the product so i filled in the fields for auto renewal with credit card details, (big

mistake) recently i was in Laos and received an email with a credit card purchase / receipt, it was for Norton's

auto renewal of my $45 product that was charged at $399, so after i came back to life i made many phone calls

reversed the purchase to 1 key and no auto renewal.

When this product ends so will my association with Norton's,  i will use Windows Defender and manually clean my

system,,,  be warned its a scam.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Was this offered directly from Norton or a third party?

dj3642
Posted
Posted

thanks all for the advice and suggestions.. i refused to give up with norton customer NO service and tried one last time.. i got online with someone and explained my situation.. i asked  that since my license and subscription were legitmate and valid.. can they just convert my subscription to NON Geographical code.. so i can finish out my subscription.. i FINALLY got someone who listened and did just that.. they gave me a new code that worked and i am now activated once again.. thank goodness.. here is the deal with my issue.. i was told that if i buy the norton at a retail store (which i had done in the US) then my product WOULD be Geographically Coded.. BUT if i bought it online it would not have been.. doesnt make sense to me. but now i know. so i am good.. i dont want to have to go through this again.. but once again thanks so much.. I STILL may make use of NORDVPN as there are shows in the US i liked watching and am unable to here.. so i may give it a whirl and see how it goes.. 

• Like 1

Ozzyboy
Posted
Posted

Just to clarify my Norton purchase,,,

the Norton subscription i bought from ebay, it was shipped from Hong Kong,

i received a disk in a Norton jacket, it looked like the real thing, i registered

the product with the Norton website, it accepted all my details and i became

a registered user, i had no problems, because i travel so much i wasn't sure

where i would be when the subscription ran out,  that's when i registered for auto

renewal at the Norton's website, if you google ''Norton auto renewal '' you will see

the many complaints about this issue.

For all my fellow expats, as a frequent traveller i know the problems of Geo-blocking

it's very annoying and i have tools to work around these problems but a simple easy

fix for some is the use of VPN, i use the Opera browser with built in VPN, i also use

the TOR browser but for every day browsing so all sites come up in English i use the

Firefox browser with all the blocking add ons i can lay my hands on but you can get

a free VPN called Browsec that i have set on UK all the time so i search with Startpage

and Bing and every result is in English, give it a try,

-disclaimer-  the products i mentioned are from my experience, thoroughly research

anything before you jump in so you are comfortable they are for you, read reviews

and forums and only believe 10% of what you read, i mentioned google but i seldom

use it...

Enjoy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, boy from oz said:

read reviews

and forums and only believe 10% of what you read,

Sure, I took in 9% of your post for a small margin of doubt :whistling:

• Hmm thinking 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
On 6/6/2019 at 6:44 PM, dj3642 said:

so this vpn de regionalized you??? meaning i might be able to do it and reactivate this thing??

Maybe. Western Union started not liking me sending myself money in the Philippines so I used a VPN and it worked for a while. Then, it stopped working that way. I think something else was outing me. Might work, might not.