Notarized document

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Where can I find someone who can notarize a document in Cebu city?

• Hmm thinking 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Try a lawyer most of them are notaries, there must be one by immigration.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Try a lawyer most of them are notaries, there must be one by immigration.

Agree, we have had to have several done and it seems every attorney we have seen is also able to notarize documents.

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted (edited)

It could also depend on where the notarized document is going... is it staying in the Phils?... or is it going to your home country?

A local lawyer in the Phils notarized a document that I sent to the USA, and it was refused and returned to me, with a directive to take it to a US Embassy or Consulate for a notary stamp.

Edited by Mark Berkowitz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

roddavis
Posted
Posted

Yes, the US Embassy Cebu does Notory service/

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, roddavis said:

Yes, the US Embassy Cebu does Notory service/

In my case, I took it to the US Embassy - Manila, and they charged something like $50 USD for each page (and I had 4 pages that each needed a stamp). :shock_40_anim_gif:

• Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

TimL
Posted
Posted

I saw a legal office with “Notary” on the window in the next block after Landers on F. Cabahug going towards Ayala between Lhuiller and the bank on the corner. Sorry, I didn’t pay much attention to the bank name there as I use HSBC which is further up the road.

Speaking of which, I just found out the other day that they moved HSBC around the corner from the old one. Guess I’m a little slow on the uptake around here. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

It could also depend on where the notarized document is going... is it staying in the Phils?... or is it going to your home country?

A local lawyer in the Phils notarized a document that I sent to the USA, and it was refused and returned to me, with a directive to take it to a US Embassy or Consulate for a notary stamp.

I don't get that one, anything to do with Visa's have to be notarized, so my way of thinking Visa's are legal documents just the same as any other document. Not unless it states on the document it has to Notarized by a said authority of that country.

I only quoted Visa's as most of us have had dealings with Notarizing a mountain of paperwork, when dealing with legal documents. :thumbsup:

• Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Clermont said:

I don't get that one, anything to do with Visa's have to be notarized, so my way of thinking Visa's are legal documents just the same as any other document. Not unless it states on the document it has to Notarized by a said authority of that country.

I only quoted Visa's as most of us have had dealings with Notarizing a mountain of paperwork, when dealing with legal documents. :thumbsup:

At $50 a page I'm not surprised that they insist that documents have to be signed at the Consulate/Embassy!

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Its going to Australia but I have asked and any local notary can do it. It's just Identity proof, thats all.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic