• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 6/7/2019 at 2:47 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Anyway I'm told it can be done at city hall for P150 :thumbsup:

Finally got there and seen an Atty, Jeff Opay. Done quickly and he only charged me P100.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Finally got there and seen an Atty, Jeff Opay. Done quickly and he only charged me P100.

Good price.  I have had many documents notarized without even being there for about P500.  I suppose Australia does not know that the Notary Stamp is a worthless item in the Philippines.  When they used to have the old Immigration office in Mandaue they came up with a document that needed to be notarized.  A woman set up a booth outside the front door near the parking lot.  For 100 pesos she would disappear for about 2 minutes and come back with a legal looking stamp on the document.  BI accepted it with no questions.  Everyone was doing it.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

hk blues
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Good price.  I have had many documents notarized without even being there for about P500. 

Yep -- I usually pay between 350php and 500php 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

Yep -- I usually pay between 350php and 500php 

The Atty actually said that normally he would charge P300 but since it was easy then P100 was the fee. The good part in my head is that I am sitting there so price could have increased but he did not do that. Fairly young guy and nice.

He also had some pressing gadget that I guess crimped the seal into the paper.

Good experience.  :thumbsup:

To add , he did not open my passport to look. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

He also had some pressing gadget that I guess crimped the seal into the paper.

If you had a few to do then you could buy your own gadget like that here.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If you had a few to do then you could buy your own gadget like that here.

Looks like that is just the gold foil.  But I bet if you emailed him in China you could probably get the stamping machine for the "right price".:whistling: 

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Out town hall has a lawyer on staff to do notary service (among other things).  We used a lawyer out in the city once and he made it way more complicated than it should be, because he wanted to know what he was notarizing. It was a contract from the US he was unfamiliar with. 

TimL
Posted
Posted

I would think that the contents of the doc would be irrelevant, a notary is only verifying the fact that one signed it in their presence and that the name is correct. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, TimL said:

I would think that the contents of the doc would be irrelevant, a notary is only verifying the fact that one signed it in their presence and that the name is correct. 🤷‍♂️ 

Some of the lawyers here will try charge a percentage if there is money involved.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic