Notarized document

hk blues
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Tommy T. said:

Try this on... I think it relates to the topic which involves signatures. My apologies if it does not...

L recently went to a small university in order to get a new version of her record of attendance (or some related form - same thing as mentioned before elsewhere in this forum - DepEd required a "new" copy of the form). It turns out the administrator who signed the original document many years ago retired then died. The secretary at the university told L that because the signer was dead, her document was now invalid - I did not make this up! And, because attendance occurred when the administrator was still alive and he is now dead, The school cannot make a new, valid document.

L then replied to this woman - well, that means that many of us now and all of us in the future will officially not exist because the doctors who signed our birth certificates are dead already or soon will be... Also, does that mean that all the laws and regulations signed in the past here in the Philippines are also invalid? The woman just stared blankly at L and shrugged because she could not answer. Talking about complete nonsense!

There is pushing credibility to the limit, and then utter crap. Tom.

The response you were given fits into the 2nd category!  

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted

Yeah... I hear you. There were reasons that L could not call it that. I cannot go into detail. Let it suffice that an appropriate response from her (which she really wanted to express) was not appropriate at the time... There are some inter-office politics involved...

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

There is pushing credibility to the limit, and then utter crap. Tom.

The response you were given fits into the 2nd category!  

This is truly what happened hk. And that's all I can say. I agree with the utter crap analogy...so does L.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

This is truly what happened hk. And that's all I can say. I agree with the utter crap analogy...so does L.

I don't doubt it Tom.  The problem here is that such things are allowed to happen and people feel they can make such responses with no recourse.  Which they can!  

• Love it 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I don't doubt it Tom.  The problem here is that such things are allowed to happen and people feel they can make such responses with no recourse.  Which they can!  

I am afraid we might be straying from the notary topic but I will reply here...

Ah... hk... I was just describing what I wrote here on this forum topic. She thinks that either the former administrator messed up something or that someone is looking for something - that is all she will say...

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 1

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, hk blues said:

And that is EXACTLY the problem L is having... Documents were signed many years ago that are not now recognized. And that is stopping her from advancing in her status as a teacher. Believe me, she is livid about this as I am. But maybe we should take this to a new topic?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Tommy T. said:

And that is EXACTLY the problem L is having... Documents were signed many years ago that are not now recognized. And that is stopping her from advancing in her status as a teacher. Believe me, she is livid about this as I am. But maybe we should take this to a new topic?

We sure have strayed a little off course - if you have much more to add then a new topic would work but I'm not sure I have much more to add Tom.

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

To me the subject was discussed and there is nothing more to add here. Closed. 

• Like 2