Tools

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Yesterday while I was out my gf and the maid decided that they would organise my tools for me, no I didn't ask them to do it.

This morning I went looking for some wedges that I bought back from Australia, these wedges hammer into an axe or some other timber applications for taking the slop out of the tool, they have never heard of them here, so I bought some back.

An hour later they are still trying to find them.

• Haha 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

I have banned people from touching my tools for exactly that reason. Yes, it looks untidy but I know where everything is and now we have shelves in the storage room they will be put in there.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

:whatever: I gave up in the End BUT there must be Method in my Wifes Madness as she seems to know where things are if I want something But again, they are usually in a Place I would never dream of putting them, Hey Ho  :whistling:

• Haha 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I couldn't find a very expensive, good set of secaters, that was this morning, then when I just came in for lunch there they were on the top of my toolbox, miracles do happen.

• Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

I couldn't find a very expensive, good set of secaters, that was this morning, then when I just came in for lunch there they were on the top of my toolbox, miracles do happen.

If you couldn't find them... is it a non-sequitur if you ask where they are?  :hystery:

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
On 6/6/2019 at 9:46 PM, Onemore52 said:

So they had finished cutting the large copper wire?

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
On 6/7/2019 at 10:46 AM, Onemore52 said:

Your post got me thinking about an incident that happened two years ago.

I went over the my wife's parents house and noticed an aluminum extension ladder inside the fence.  My wife asked Papa about it and he said a "man asked if he could store it there for a few days".  I told the wife to tell Papa that he needed to have the barangay captain come over because it was probably stolen!  The wife and Papa were sure that was not the case but did as I ask.  A worker at the local electrical company had "borrowed" the ladder so his nephew could do "some work".  His nephew had "loaned" the ladder to a "friend" who then tried to sell it the scrap dealer that is located about 50 meters from Papa's house.  The scrap dealer rightly refused to buy the ladder and said "friend" decided to leave it at Papa's place.  I expect the guy was looking to steal a hacksaw so he could cut up the ladder and then try again to sell it for scrap.  Anyway the ladder ended up going back to the electrical company.  Not sure what happened to the worker who "borrowed" it.  Maybe they promoted him to management? :whistling:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted

I don't have that many tools. Phillips screwdriver for cleaning the fan, a few wrenches for my sons bike. But they disappeared none the less. They stopped disappearing when I kept them in my locked closet and would make them pay if not returned. It's not the money to replace them that I was angry about, it was that they just left them laying around when they were done with them instead of putting them away.:angry:  

• Like 4

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

That isn't a problem I've had in the Philippines.  The papa of SWMBO was a taxi driver before (now he manages the taxi and has a driver) and he has always had a tool box for doing repairs.  I've bought bits and pieces as needed for house repairs and mostly I ended up giving them to him after finsihed.  He puts them in his tool box (which comes out with him when anything needs fixing, whether it's my motorbike or the house or whatever).  Some of the tools in there must be 30 years old but he treats them like gold and every bit that I've given him is still there.  He was worried last trip that a cheap LED torch I'd given him had stopped working, like I'd be angry or something.  I wasn't, I just replaced it with a bit better one from Australia next trip (he was excited to get it).  I've never seen him loan tools, family members will sometimes come around on a motorbike and they'll work on it out the front but the tool box stays with him, not loans.

I guess having his income dependent upon it when younger taught him to be careful with tools and I feel quite content leaving the tools in his care, even when I'm not there.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 3

Gary D
Posted
Posted

I had a mini angle grinder new and still boxed. One trip I noticed it was missing so asked the question. A little later it turned up black and covered with oil, oh and burnt out. I was not a happy bunny.