Tools

JDDavao II
Posted
Posted
On 6/7/2019 at 7:09 AM, Onemore52 said:

Yesterday while I was out my gf and the maid decided that they would organise my tools for me, no I didn't ask them to do it.

What is it with the organizing gene? My wife does this over and over again. I'm at the point now where I don't know where anything is kept. Anything! Every time I can't find what I want, I swear out loud that I'm going to rearrange her bureau drawers how *I* want them to be. I get "the face" when I say that.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I was out on the verandah at beer O'clock once again minding my own business not harming anyone when I noticed the gf and the maid organizing my tools again, now I am normally a placid person but when I saw this happening I lost it, "LEAVE MY F..K.N TOOLS ALONE".

Two days on and she still isn't talking to me, oh well.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

My Mrs knows better than to touch or give access to anyone else to my tools ! 

There are some things a man guards (almost) with his life.... oh, and that includes my small sharp knife, and my other personal eating utensils !   

Irked.gif

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

You all Still have Tools :whistling: We Got family that have my tools   :Zap:  Gone:56da632e94212_1(60):

• Like 1

Rayj
Posted
Posted

I’m thankful that I was at my fathers side during his “ after work” hours building cabinets in our basement to make an extra $buck to give us, his family. I still have so many tools that he collected over the years and I cherish the memories when I’m back in our workshop. I’ve even still got his 1952 henway.

• Like 2

Viking
Posted
Posted

How about electrical handtools from Europe, will they work good in Philippines?

Have some stuff at home that could be useful when we will renovate the house next year but I Think I read somewhere that there could be some problem about the voltage??? or maybe that was tools from US?? Any advice would be appreciated.

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Viking said:

Have some stuff at home that could be useful when we will renovate the house next year but I Think I read somewhere that there could be some problem about the voltage??? or maybe that was tools from US?? Any advice would be appreciated.

They will work but tend to over heat which shortens there life, although nothing like the neighbours will if they get hold of them. The 60 Hz runs them quicker than the designed 50Hz

Viking
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gary D said:

They will work but tend to over heat which shortens there life, although nothing like the neighbours will if they get hold of them. The 60 Hz runs them quicker than the designed 50Hz

Thnx, I remembered it was some problem about it but I was not sure what it was. Any idea how much shorter time they will work? Are we talking 25, 50 or 75% shorter Life span? I guess it will also depend how you use them, if you run them continuously or just a short time. I dont have any Makita or DeWalt, so it is not a big loss if they break but I will not bring them with me if they will just work an hour or two.

Rayj
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Viking said:

Philippines voltage is 220 I think. It may also differ by phase, single or 3 phase

Gary D
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Viking said:

Thnx, I remembered it was some problem about it but I was not sure what it was. Any idea how much shorter time they will work? Are we talking 25, 50 or 75% shorter Life span? I guess it will also depend how you use them, if you run them continuously or just a short time. I dont have any Makita or DeWalt, so it is not a big loss if they break but I will not bring them with me if they will just work an hour or two

You just have to stop regularly to let it cool. I use UK tools which do warm up but still seem to outlast the local tools which wear prematurely. As I said a local tends to have no idea how to treat tools and will just push on until it drops.

• Like 1