PH Passport Renewals At DFA San Fernando, Pampanga

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Yesterday, we visited the DFA in Pampanga to renew 3 Philippines passports, in preparation for our trip to New Zealand in December.  Their passports did not have enough time left on them to qualify for entry to NZ.

As you may know, DFA now requires an appointment to enter, with exceptions for children under 7, PWD, preggie and seniors.  We took advantage of that as one of the applicants for renew was my 5 year daughter, and my wife and 14 year old were able to get theirs at the same time.

There are a lot of requirements for a child under 18 to renew,

https://consular.dfa.gov.ph/passport/10-passport/195-passport-requirements-for-minor-renew-applicants-3

and my wife had a lot of requirements because she was changing her passport to her married name, and correcting the spelling of her first name. 

https://consular.dfa.gov.ph/passport/10-passport/62-passport-requirements-for-adult-renewal-applicants

I put it all together and made many copies.  We arrived at 2 pm and it took about 2 hours to get done.  We paid for LBC delivery and the passports should be delivered to us the last week of the month.  the 2 kids got 5 year passports and my wife's is 10.

I can only one bit of advice from the experience.  If you are getting a child passport without an appointment, there is no need to go early when DFA is really crowded.  Even though they have the appointment system, most think they need an early appointment and the allowed walk-ins also go early.  We have passed by in the mornings and seen the crowds at this DFA.  In the afternoons, hardly anyone is left.  When we arrived at 2 pm, there were maybe 10 people in the outside waiting area that probably seats 100.