US Navy: Russian destroyer almost collided with cruiser in the Philippine Sea

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

So, there's no actual increase in the amount of these near collisions? 

Is it just being reported more frequestly than in the past?

I'm no expert but I think it's true. No government wants a confrontation to become public unless it's in THEIR favor.:shades:

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jimeve said:

That would make some super power.

Yes, it would be... and both of them are already increasing their presence and visibility in the region.

Three Russia-warships arrive Manila as Philippines, US hold joint drills

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Arizona Kid said:

I'm no expert but I think it's true. No government wants a confrontation to become public unless it's in THEIR favor.

So, there's something for the US to gain right now by making this very public :89:

Edited by Mark Berkowitz
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Somehow, this reminds me of when the US told the UN that Russian nukes were in Cuba.

Somehow this reminds me of take your political opinions to the bar.

Mark Berkowitz
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, nor cal mike said:
7 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

Somehow, this reminds me of when the US told the UN that Russian nukes were in Cuba.

Somehow this reminds me of take your political opinions to the bar.

Since I respect your opinion, I'll edit my post.

@nor cal mike

Edited by Mark Berkowitz
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

To all members:

I'm very sorry that I have offended so many of you with my posts.  I guess that it's because I'm getting re-accustomed to my right to have an opinion in the land of my birth. 

However, I must be cognizant of the fact that not everyone in the world has the right to express an opinion, especially voicing it here on this forum.

So again, to everyone that I have offended, please accept my deepest apologies.

If I’m allowed to stay here, I’ll be minding my Ps and Qs for now on.

@nor cal mike

@Jack Peterson

It was thoughtful of you to post this Mark. Thank you sir! :cheersty:

We each have our own opinions and way of expressing ourselves. All members are welcome to share here including you. The forum is mostly about our thoughts and experiences living in Philippines and helping others in that regard. Over the years as a group most members keep strong opinions about God, Guns and Politics to themselves. Is this restricting free speech? Yea it is for those topics. 

You have many experiences living and visiting Philippines to share with us and we welcome that Mark. :thumbsup:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Mark Berkowitz said:

To all members:

I'm very sorry that I have offended so many of you with my posts.  I guess that it's because I'm getting re-accustomed to my right to have an opinion in the land of my birth. 

However, I must be cognizant of the fact that not everyone in the world has the right to express an opinion, especially voicing it here on this forum.

@nor cal mike

@Jack Peterson

Mark, thank you for your efforts to keep things going smoothly on the forum. You should know that I also respect your opinions and I appreciate all the valuable information you have shared with us. I totally understand as I also have some strong political opinions and it’s oftentimes difficult for me not to express them. I look forward to enjoying your post in the future.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, nor cal mike said:

:thumbsup: Offering the "Olive Branch" is sometimes so difficult to do, You have and it shows great thought on your Part :smile: Most of us are ex mob (Military) and thus stick to the Rules as laid Down, yes they ( some members) go of the rail at times and are soon brought back to the reality. I Admire your sentiment of realising that has happened but am equally Admiring that you have seen this Yourself and have made moves to put it right. That is very commendable and I say  Thank you pretty shells.jpg

Jack:shades:

Morning All :photo-109:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1