Pensions and currency exchange rates

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
22 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I'm talking about the peso being high or low. That's what I spend at the market..the shoe on the other foot type of thing.:6:

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Arizona Kid said:

I'm talking about the peso being high or low. That's what I spend at the market..the shoe on the other foot type of thing.:6:

As I said AK I don't shop and to me it matters not up or Down, the price of the fish in the market is in Peso so if we want it we buy it no matter what the rate is, I will add that if the £ goes under 50 peso I might start to worry :ohmy:

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

As I said AK I don't shop and to me it matters not up or Down, the price of the fish in the market is in Peso so if we want it we buy it no matter what the rate is, I will add that if the £ goes under 50 peso I might start to worry :ohmy:

Don't worry..just adjust. Easy to do for anyone. If the money doesn't stretch as far as it used to, cut back on some of the wants, so you have enough for the needs.:6: 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Arizona Kid said:

Don't worry..just adjust. Easy to do for anyone. If the money doesn't stretch as far as it used to, cut back on some of the wants, so you have enough for the needs.:6: 

Oh Matey, I never worry, Plan "B" "C" & "D" have been in place for many years in fact, I just dusted Plan"F" off to make sure it was still in tact :wink:

And of course I have Plan "A" HTMBO to save me  thumbs up from a lady.jpg

• Like 1

Ram1957
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, jimeve said:

How much was a San Miguel?

To tell you the truth I don't really remember that was 40 years ago, but it was cheap.

• Like 2

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Oh Matey, I never worry, Plan "B" "C" & "D" have been in place for many years in fact, I just dusted Plan"F" off to make sure it was still in tact :wink:

And of course I have Plan "A" HTMBO to save me  thumbs up from a lady.jpg

If I ever get desperate I will just buy some Lotto tickets!:hystery:

• Haha 1

Arizona Kid
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Ram1957 said:

To tell you the truth I don't really remember that was 40 years ago, but it was cheap.

And great!:biggrin:

hk blues
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

50 is also my "cut-off" point - that said, I'm not sure what I will do if it drops to that! I suppose we then readjust our long-term calculations but I doubt I'd actually have to (or be able to) adjust my spending habits much if it happened.  

• Hmm thinking 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, hk blues said:

50 is also my "cut-off" point - that said, I'm not sure what I will do if it drops to that! I suppose we then readjust our long-term calculations but I doubt I'd actually have to (or be able to) adjust my spending habits much if it happened.  

If it went below 50 and stayed there, I recon we would rent the house or sell it.

No other options apart from stop drinking and eating. and that's NOT going to happen.

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, jimeve said:

If it went below 50 and stayed there, I recon we would rent the house or sell it.

No other options apart from stop drinking and eating. and that's NOT going to happen.

I guess that's what I was getting at - I cannot really cut back much on my expenses as we live simply so drastic changes would be required. 

• Like 1